Chapter 8: Elizabeth's Birthday!

Start from the beginning

Logan: Apparently I have a low Vitamin D count, not enough sun. Can you believe that?

Logan joked a little as he always goes outside, whether it be to the park with Jason, out with friends or just in the backyard with Jason, teaching the young lad to swim in the pool, the biggest surprise though is the fact Logan actually willingly had a needle put into his arm.

Aubrey: Wait, you willingly let them put a needle in your arm?

Logan nodded as he had to over come his literal biggest fear just to show his son that there's nothing to worry about, Logan's not scared of blood tests, he's not scared of what they'll show, he only ever see's what he saw as a child when he see's needles, drugs, pain and torment.

Logan: That's how much keeping Jason happy means to me, that's why Lizzie can't find out till it's over.

Aubrey now fully understands and is willing to keep the matter a secret, now though it's time for a change of subject, it's Elizabeth's birthday in a couple of day's, Logan already got her a gift but Aubrey apparently needs a little extra help with the planning.

Aubrey: I'll do it but you need to keep Liz, distracted on Thursday.

Logan sat back down at the stool and nodded, he'll happily do it as Aubrey did the heavy lifting, Logan will figure something out, Elizabeth enjoys arcade games, he might take her to the pier or something, although she hates thrill rides, roller-coaster are a no go for her.

Logan: Done, how long we talking?

Logan asked wondering about how long he needs to keep Elizabeth busy, Aubrey just needed a couple of hours to get the house ready for the surprise party, she has a couple people helping out so it shouldn't take long, it will also give Logan and Elizabeth some more alone time, Aubrey is more then hoping they get back together, those were good days back when Elizabeth and Logan were just starting out, it was all cute and lovey dovey, pure adorable, so when she saw a chance to help them spend more time together, she's going for a 3 pointer...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's the day, it's Elizabeth's 34th birthday, Logan's got a whole nice day planned out for them, one of the first dates they went on was at the Santa Monica pier, sure it sounds sleazy for people of their stature but neither of them enjoy the massive lime light things, the little things make them happy enough.

Logan: All set?

Logan smiled to her as she walked towards his car, Logan's driving the Camaro again, mainly by choice, it's his favorite car but his favorite sight is Elizabeth smiling while getting into the car, even in the most basic of outfit's she looks adorable.

Elizabeth: Yeah, let's go.

Logan smiled to her as he drove them towards the pier, literally, a few arcade games, probably a walk on the beach and a lot of distracting her then he's done his job, Logan knows that she'll enjoy this, she hates all the flashy stuff so just a day at the pier will make her happy.

Elizabeth: You were asked to distract me weren't you.

Logan turned to her after parking the car at the beach, he wasn't expecting her to say that though, he knew she was smart and the chances of him keeping this a secret for the entire day was not likely but that was a quick deduction even for her.

Logan: Okay first, when did you figure that out and second, can you pretend to be surprised?

She giggled to him while looking around them, it's a week day so the beach is pretty empty also it's the middle of February, it's still sunny and Logan rented the entire pier for them so it's still going to be fun for them.