Prologue.

National Palace "Alfheim", Capital of Ereberium, Republic of Erebea, Orthocladius Continent.
December 31, 2059.
23:55.

President Zahur Khai, a man who has become the strongest leader in Dralkira and is now 50 years old, appears to be quite agitated. Just a few minutes ago, he received a report about a group of magically-charged clouds in the south of the capital city of Ereberium. He is worried that a Magic Rain may occur, inadvertently strengthening tame monsters and turning them into terrifying monsters.

However, his agitation disappears as Zahur sees his granddaughter, Marie-Hélène, entering his office with an awkward look. His granddaughter, who is still in college, already looks like a grown woman. She has brown shoulder-length hair, emerald green eyes, and a body that every woman in the world desires.

"Grandpa? Are you still here? Sergeant Dail has been looking for you since earlier because it's almost New Year," Marie said with a small pout on her beautiful face

"Ah, forgive me, dear... Grandpa was lost in thought. Let's go there," Zahur immediately stood up and closed his ÆGIR laptop, which he used for work purposes, not gaming... Maybe.

The two of them walked in silence, although the silence was broken by Marie's soft humming. If Zahur didn't hear it wrong, it was the latest song released by the rising Idol, what was her name? She was an Atlantean who became a citizen of Erebea, oh yeah, Gawr Gura Selachimorpha.

"You like Idols, huh?" commented Zahur.

"I don't just like them, I'm obsessed... They are the reason why I am still happy like this... Grandpa knows it too, right?" Marie's happy face changed to a sad expression.

"I'm sorry if I reminded you of that bad memory," said Zahur with a regretful tone.

"It's okay, Grand Père, I'm trying to move on after that incident. It's better to move forward than to stay silent at the starting line and whine," said Marie with a small chuckle, but Zahur knew well that Marie was holding back tears.

Zahur is not good at comforting people like this, so he decided to gently stroke Marie's head and continue their journey to the National Palace Garden. There were already many people from ministries and relatives invited to the New Year's feast, and there was also Liselotte, Zahur's wife, who was gossiping with her friends.

Zahur was then offered a drink by someone who was none other than Defense Minister Luther, a Demi-Human Crocodile whose dark green skin was very distinctive in the Ministry. Luther was also a close friend of Zahur.

"Luther, happy new year," said Zahur as he accepted the drink that was given to him.

"Hahaha, two more minutes, old friend, let's just enjoy this year full of trials for now." Luther said with a smile, which would be very strange if it was done by people of Luther's race.

"Hmm... You're right, so... How is our fleet doing?" asked Zahur, which made Luther roll his eyes in boredom.

"Are you seriously bringing work to this casual event? You're too uptight, my friend. Even until now, I'm still confused about how you managed to marry Liselotte because of your stiffness, hahaha!" Luther laughed.