Tara answered rather quickly. 'The babadook. It's an amazing meditation on motherhood and grief. Plus my girlfriend and I met at a screening of it during some horror festival like 7 years ago' tara smiled fondly at the memory. Even though Anastasia thought it was lame and would rather watch 'get out' she still sat through the movie all 132 times Taras wanted to watch it. That's one of the many things Tara loved about her.

'Ha well isn't that a little fancy pants' the voice was gone. tara walked over to the pot and started stirring the pasta again. 'Well its elevated horror.' 'ah- wh-what's that mean? Elevated horror?'

'You know it's like scary, but with complicated emotional thematic underpinnings. It's not just stocky, cheesy nonsense with wall to wall jump scares.' 'hm that sounds kind of boring to me- have you ever seen a stab?'

'Once I think about a sleepover when I was like 12.' The voice laughed as Tara played with the knives in the knife block. 'You live in woodsboro and you don't know stab? I mean your mother loves that movie. She talks about it all the time in a group. How well do you remember the original?' Tara was starting to get a bit freaked out but pushed the feeling down, walking away from the knife block. 'I don't know I mean it was like super 90's I was like real over with it. Tara chuckled. 'Everyone had weird hair.' she continued.

'Do you remember the beginning?' 'not really, I mean it started with a kill scene right? They always start with a kill scene.'

'Yeah that's right... It's a girl, at home.. Alone. She answers the wrong number and starts talking with the killer- makes her play a game. Would you like to play a game... Tara?' The voice was back, and this time it freaked Tara out. How did he know her name? Tara immediately hung up and started to freak out, locking the doors with a home security app on her phone.

Tara began to text her brunette girlfriend again.

- It was some psycho im locking the doors

Tara looked out the window making sure no one was outside then softly closing the curtains as a way to make sure no one outside would hear she was there. Walking away from the window she looked down at her phone.

Ana<3

-Tf?! Are you okay? I can call the cops

Just as Tara was about to reply the phone rang again, making Tara jump and turn around, breathing heavily and sparking up her asthma again. Tara was scared to move, that is, until she got a message from anastasia.

Ana<3

- You should answer it

Tara started to freak out even more.

- How did you know my landline was ringing?

-Ana?

She spammed, waiting a minute for an answer. She was hoping this was all just some random fucked up prank.

Ana<3

- This isn't anastasia

The phone kept ringing, every ring making tara more and more scared.

Ana<3

ANSWER THE PHONE BITCH

Tara started to dial 911 but before she could she got another text.

Ana<3