𝟎𝟎𝟗; ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

Start from the beginning

Regulus gritted his teeth.

"No way!" Counters another. "I heard he's going to ask that Ravenclaw girl with the dyed hair. She's always following him around like a lovesick puppy."

That said girl watching blushed as she hid her face into her hands.

But in the Slytherin common room, the speculation is just as heated. "I bet he's going to bring that girl from Durmstrang." Says one, his voice low and conspiratorial.

"Maybe he'll surprise us all and bring that quiet girl from Hufflepuff." Suggests another, her eyes alight with excitement.

"Hufflepuff? Really??"

"Fuck off you, twat."

As the students continue to speculate, Sephtis himself remains quiet and aloof, as if the gossip and speculation mean nothing to him. So the students continue to fight and argue, each one convinced that they know who Sephtis will choose.

Though in the end, only Sephtis knows the truth, and he is keeping his cards close to his chest. For Sephtis is a creature of mystery and intrigue, and his secrets are his own to keep.

Sephtis sat alone at the very end of the Slytherin table, his eyes scanning the sea of faces around him. He was well aware of the students watching him closely, wondering who he would ask to be his date for Slugclub. He could feel their eyes on him, feel their thoughts like a dull ache in his head. He could even sense their curiosity, their intrigue, their jealousy, all of it swirling around him like a maelstrom of emotions.

Oh right— he is a legilimens.

"I wonder who he's going to take to Slugclub?" Whispered one girl to her friend.

"I heard he's going to take someone from another school." Replied her friend, a note of excitement in her voice.

"Maybe he'll pick me." Said another girl, a hopeful look in her eyes.

Those girls who had spoken all hid their faces into their hands in embarrassment, especially when Sephtis gaze them a blank stare.

He knows he was always going to be the subject of intense curiosity and speculation. Sephtis gritted his teeth, his headache intensifying as he heard their thoughts. He wished he could shut them out, but as a legilimens, he was always attuned to the thoughts and emotions of those around him.

'Go fuck yourself.' Regulus thought as he looked at Sephtis who scoffed at his thought.

He picked at his food, barely tasting it as he listened to the whispers around him. Some students were hoping he would choose them, while others were openly hostile at him.

"Hey Moony, do you know who Verlac is going to bring to Slugclub?" It was one of the Marauders, Sirius Black, with mischief in his tone.

"Why do you care?" Regulus glared at Sirius.

"Hey, don't give me that look." Sirius said.

Remus sighed. "I have no idea. He doesn't confide in me about everything, you know."

While Barty and Evan had their conversation was focused on Sephtis.