Week 3/Wednesday

I'm so nervous.. We have volleyball tournaments today! After all of the practice we've had at school, I still suck at it.. And Kenji is going to be on the sideline watching because we play first.

I took a deep breath, and started the long day that awaited me. I placed a couple of hair ties in my bag to hold up my hair. I hope that I will be able to ask Fukumoto to do my hair since I don't have that much experience.

I made some toast and strawberries since I'm really gonna need that energy for later. Then I was ready to leave the house. I walked with Kenji to school as usual.

I got to school and the classes flew by very fast.

We only had a couple of minutes before the games started and I couldn't find Fukumoto! Who was going to do my hair??.. I can't possibly do it, I would get made fun of how terrible I would do...

Suddenly, I was patted on the head and as I turned, Kenji was there!

"Oh! Hi.. Kenji.." I mumbled.

"Stay right there for a sec." He grabbed one of the hair ties in my hand and I blushed. I was sat frozen and I had no idea what he would be doing to my hair..

"Done!" He exclaimed.

I looked up at him and shyly said,"Thanks.."

"No problamo!" he said cheerfully

TWEET! TWEET! The whistle blew, meaning that our game was about to start.

"Go get em tiger~" he giggled

I gave him a glare hoping that it would hide my red face.. The game started on 3..2..1.. TWEET! The ball started to fly in the air and it was heading towards me! I was nervous but I thought about one of the moves that I had learned from last week's practice. I hit the ball and it flew over the other opponent's side and hit the floor. The crowd was roaring "GO TAMIKO!!!" I was so surprised that so many people knew my name! It made me very happy..

We eventually won the match and it was time for the guys to play.

Kenji's POV
I walked into the gym with a couple of my guy friends and I saw Tamiko looking so down. My chest started to hurt.. Really bad.. I walked over to her to find a hairband lying in her hand. That's when I knew that she needed help. I tapped her head and she turned, she looked so nervous I felt bad for her..

I then started to tie her bangs back, I did my very best! She turned and without a thought I was blown away from how gorgeous she looked.. It reminded me of the time when she was being attacked by the cashier.. She wore makeup but I knew that even without makeup.. She looked beautiful.

The whistles soon blew and that was a sign that it was time for her to go play her heart out. I wished her the very best and I knew it, she did outstanding.

Tamiko's POV
I loved how handsome Kenji looked while he was focusing so hard in the game.. A little too much to a point where he caught me looking. He looked up at me and waved, I gave him a shy wave. Then suddenly someone poked their head out in front of me. It was one of Kenji's friends? They looked excited.

"Hey you might be the reason why Kenji's still single!" Kenji's friend joked.

I looked up to him and blushed.

"Wait.. could it be-"

"Shh!" I put my hand over his mouth.

"Don't say it out loud.." I whispered.

I didn't know that Kenji likes girls taller than him.. He thought. Well I mean she is very pretty, when her hair is up so that's a plus. He then thought real hard for a second. He remembered how they looked really cute walking home together.. Tamiko being very tall with a stiff body and Kenji being small with a girly face and strong structure. They were like two peas in a pod.

"I wish you the best of luck." he sneered and walked away.

I wonder what that was about.. I thought.

The game was over and Kenji's team also won. He rushed over to me with a smile and walked with me home. Later that night I looked into the mirror and saw that he had done a cute French braid.. I looked in the mirror again and saw that I had a huge smile across my face. I giggled and soon went to bed.

 I giggled and soon went to bed