Week 2/Wednesday

Today during gym class, we were warming up for the volleyball tournament. Every year at Sakura High, there are volleyball and basketball tournaments that take place during the first month of school. We all had to choose one partner to do warm of passes together. Everyone knew who their partner would be because they were all friends. I usually wait until there is one last person to partner up with because I'm scared of asking others to be their partner.

"Hey Tamiko! Can you please be my partner?" One of my classmates asked.

"U-Uh r-really?" I stuttered.

"Of course! Oh! Also you can call me Fukumoto!!" Fukumoto had stated with an upbringing voice.

I could tell very well that my partner was a social butterfly. She was also very energetic. As we started to warm up, she gave me a sinister grin..

"Hey.. you hang out with Kenji a lot.. do you happen to have a HUGE crush on him.?" She grinned.

I said flustered," N-No.. I um actually think of him as a friend!"

"Really? Then you wouldn't mind me asking him out??" I then dropped the ball.

"Ooh that's a sad face you're making! I knew it!"

"Shhh! Just please don't tell him.. I know for sure he wouldn't like me in a million years anyway.." I sighed deeply.

Hey, you may feel that way but.. I know a way to make him fall head over heals for you! Here, just give me your number and we can veer up after school!" Fukumoto cheerfully said.

"O-Okay.. here it is." I whispered

"Alright! I'm going to give you the best makeover ever!" ..Makeover..! What is she thinking? I thought

Soon all of the classes were over, I had left a note in Kenji's locker stating that I was going over to a "friends" house. He's probably going to be very ecstatic and surprised since I'm a huge loner at school.

I left school and saw Fukumoto by the school gate.

"Ready to get this show on the road!?" She yelled.

"Shhh.. not so loud please.." I mumbled.

"Oops sorry!" She smiled.

We then walked over to her house and I was opened up to a nice family. Her mother made dinner for us and was very nice. We soon went to Fukumoto's bedroom and she had a stash of makeup and hair products. It was like I was in a barber shop! I then sat at on a cushion she had laid out.

"This will only take about one hour."

"One hour! That's long!!" I screeched.

"I promise that it will be worth it!" She said.

One hour later-

I looked into the mirror, I was shocked but I quickly tried to hide my eyes with my hair but she caught my arm.

"Hey! Why are you doing that? Your eyes are beautiful!"

"Do you mean that..?"

"Yes of course I do!" She smiled.

She then tied up my hair to show my full face with the makeup. Fukumoto then gave me a dress and said that I could change in the bathroom. After I was done changing, I was speechless. Was this really me..? I thought. I then thanked Fukumoto over a hundred times before I left her house. I then walked to the grocery store to stock up on some food since my parents were out of town. As I walked into the supermarket, I spotted Kenji.. I was panicking! So I quickly grabbed the items that I needed and wen to checkout.

"Hey beauty.. can I get your number?" The cashier asked.

"U-Uh sorry.. no thanks." I said nervously.

He then grabbed my arm and took me out of the store.

"Hey how come whenever I ask a girl out they always agree, but you.. you probably think that you're better than me!"

"Hey! Please let me go.. you're hurting me.."

"No! Answer my question first!"

Then suddenly, I felt something pull me back! It was Kenji! But he had a very cold look on his face..

"H-Huh K-Kenji!?" I whispered.

"Leave her alone.." Kenji said with a cold voice.

The cashier looked petrified and ran back into the store. I look down at Kenji and he looked furious, but then his face started to soften.

"Follow me.." he said.

I agreed without hesitation. He then walked me back to his house and wrapped up my arm since the cashier had left a bruise. He looked sad but I couldn't figure out why.. he then told me to get home safe and was about to say something else but he cut himself of.

Once I was done getting ready for bed, I laid on my bed thinking I about all of the things that had happened today.. but what I wanted the most to know was how Kenji felt about my outfit..

Kenji's POV
I was out getting grocery's for my mother then all of a sudden.. I spotted Tamiko? Was that really her? I thought, but wait.. it has to be her she looked like a princess.. then all of a sudden I saw the cashier hurting her.. I don't know why but I got so mad.. I was so close to beating him up... but my first priority was to get Tamiko patched up. I took her to my house to wrap up her bruised arm. Before Tamiko left, I almost said something, something that would change everything.. I went to my bedroom and thought about how much I wanted to take that guy's mark off of her.. and put my own..

 and put my own