I'M TRYING

(Or "SAVE ME pt.2")

It doesn't. 

The story continues and it sounds something like this:

"Tell me Niragi, did you have relationships in the past?" A questions Chishiya dreaded to ask, but he had to at some point.

"No serious ones..." Niragi's voice was still as soft and fragile as it was but no near as quiet and the nasal sound was long gone. His physical health improved a lot throughout the last few weeks. Slowly but surely, his mental health was starting to show as well.

"And why is that?" Chishiya was genuinely interested and set his notebook aside.

"I think no one is capable of loving me. I'm a handful and unattractive-"

"Stop that. This immediate." Chishiya could hardly believe what he just heard. Such an adorable and soft human being thought no one could love him. And sure attraction is subjective but to Chishiya, Niragi was the most gorgeous person ever. He needed to gain a bit more weigh to be healthy but that's it. All his scars tell stories no one would hear and didn't disturb the picture at all.

Niragi went silent immediately. He felt bad. He didn't want to talk about himself like that but he couldn't resist. Before his fingers could start bleeding from scratching them, soft, warm and slightly smaller hands grabbed his.

"That's not true Niragi" Chishiya sat down beside Niragi. It was new but welcome. Normally the blond would sit across him. Just occasionally he would lean over to hug or tickle the bespectacled.

"I'm sorry", the black haired whispered, "I don't want to say those things... but I think it's the only thing I deserve"

Chishiya's features went soft. Suddenly he stood up and took of his perfectly white lab coat. After  hanging it up neatly he sat back down beside Niragi. "Listen to me carefully now, Niragi, will you?"

Chishiya began to speak after a brief nod from the taller. "What I'm about to tell you, I say as Chishiya your friend not as Shuntaro Chishiya your doctor. You are a beautiful person, Niragi. Inside and out. You may not see it now, but from my perspective there is a tall, gorgeous, black haired man. Someone so painfully kind, someone who, with some help, can become what ever he imagine. You are worth of so much love and worship. I wish, with the whole of my being, that someday you can see that too." For the first time in Chishiya's life he was unable to look into someone's eyes.

Niragi on the other hand wanted nothing more then for Chishiya to stare into his soul. He wanted to see, no feel, that Chishiya meant what he said. He wanted to be worshipped and loved. He wanted Chishiya to worship and love him.

Minutes passed without anyone saying anything. At some point Niragi had enough, "I don't want you to be my friend!" 

Chishiya was hurt. He knew it would come, that's why he dreaded today's topic so much. His hands formed fists, ruining his perfectly straight pans, tears building in his eyes. He wouldn't cry in front of his patients ever, but right now in front of him was no patient but his crush. 'What a childish and pathetic word, Crush. I'm not a 15 years old Highschool girl' he thought.

Niragi seemed to notice Chishiya's distress and hastily added, "I don't want you to be just my friend!" As soon as he finished his sentence he threw himself into the doctor's arms.

Chishiya returned the gesture, but he said, "You know we can't do that, Niragi..."

"Even if I'm not your patient anymore?" His voice was broken, on the brink of crying.

"Niragi, I'm sorry but you need this therapy"Chishiya tried to look into the bespectacled eyes.

Niragi suddenly stood up. He got Chishiya's lab coat back and draped it across the blond's shoulders. "Doctor Chishiya I'd like to request a change in therapist for personal reasons."

The smaller was unsure about Niragi's decision and you could tell from his face. "Please Chishiya. I am sure about this. I heard doctor Ann is nice." He smiled and like that all of the blond's doubts melted away.

♠️♦️♣️♥️♠️♦️♣️♥️

"Hey Kuina I need a day off on Friday, can you arrange that?" Chishiya walked into the secretaries small office.

She looked up from her computer, "Who died?"

"My faith in humanity, but that's beside the point, why?" The doctor made himself at home and stole a candy from the jar on the brunettes desk.

"Normally you just take day offs if someone in you family died. Aren't they all dead at some point?" She was very suspicious of him.

"Again no one died. I'm going on a date", he tried to say as casually as he could.

Hearing this, Kuina dropped everything she did and grabbed the smaller's shoulders. "You what!?"

"I'll go on a date..."

"With whom?!... Wait! Is it you patient?!" Now she freaked out. She didn't want his best friend in jail because he fucked his patient.

"With my no more patient. Now he's just my friend and love interest. And for record it was his wish to change therapist to have something more with me." He was now calm and collected. He always was if he talked about Niragi.

Kuina sighed heavily in relief, "puh and I thought I need to visit you in jail. But spill, who ist?"

"Suguru Niragi" Chishiya didn't notice Ann entering behind him.

"Told you. Now you owe me 1000 yen." The blond turned around hastily and Kuina pouted.

"Why would you bet about my love life?!"

Now surly this was the end.

Or was it?