12

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter twelve ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

Lancelot and Guinevere insisted us to have dinner with them. There is no other choice, everyone else joined them as well. The sun gradually sinks as the moon rises, the sky turned darker. I could see the streetlamps and tiny houses shining from the window inside the castle. I noticed how dark and eerie some areas in Moniyan, there seemed to have no sign of life. Castle Aberleen can be seen from above here, the view seemed more beautiful during nighttime.

"When she entered the castle with me, we were scolded by Lancelot and Odette! Right Y/n?" Guinevere's voice came across me, she approached me along with Gusion whom she was talking to. "I remember that day," I responded, feeling nostalgic as the memories pass by. "Did you talked about anything else?" I questioned, my suspicion grew when she showed hesitance. "No? Oh," Guinevere realized what I meant and she chuckled at her thoughts. "What is it?" Gusion curiously asked.

"It's nothing, past is the past right?" I looked at her with a hint of jest. Guinevere responded with a giggle as Gusion looked at the both of us defeated.

"Dear sister!" Lancelot called out from a distance. He signalled Guinevere to follow him into the hallways. "I'll see you two later," she then left Gusion and I alone, causing a brief silence between us. We both looked through the window, admiring the view of Moniyan in the dark. "You reminded me of Aamon," he randomly started, causing me to avert my attention on him. The mention of his name made me wonder, how different individuals we are.

"You two are selfless, and careless sometimes," his eyes are on my bandaged arm. "You defended the city like how he did towards me and the elders." I watched a faint smile forming on his face and disappeared within seconds. "I remember long ago when he injured his arm, the wound was similar like yours," he took a glance into my eyes, flashing the hint of bitterness but there is more than that.

I had the urge to soothe him from the pain he seemed to struggle with. However, I was clueless on what to do. I gave a few shoulder pats on him anyway, hoping that my assurance has made him feel better. "I shouldn't blame myself," he murmured as he hang his head low. "Its not your fault," I cooed, then releasing a sigh. I caught a glimpse of Guinevere approaching us, her face lit up from the blue atmosphere surrounding between us. As if a ray of sunshine illuminating at us, Gusion avert his from the window and looked at her. His gaze brightened when she told us to head away for dinner.

I eventually follow them to the dining room, watching them having a small talk along the way. My thoughts were lost once again, thinking about the similarities of Aamon and I that Gusion mentioned earlier. That made me fear, what if Odette thinks like how Gusion does? I don't want her to feel bad whenever I came back from a fight with injuries, and she might blame herself for it. The look on how concerned she is everytime I returned with a bad condition, it worries me as well. Sometimes, she would move on, but there are also times when she kept on talking about it.

Gusion seemed like he has moved on from the past, as well as his childhood. But everytime he talks about it, the feeling of blue and gloomy surrounds him like the dark heavy clouds. Odette has Lancelot to talk with, I hope that he gives the comfort she needs.

Guinevere guided and opened the door, they both headed inside first. She seemed to be into the conversation and left the door gradually closing from the weight. I managed to catch up, scurrying towards the door before it closes. I reached there and someone was simultaneously walking towards me as well. I couldn't even see who that person was until we collided into each other. I bumped my head onto his chest, rubbing my forehead from the impact as I lift my head to see the person.

Aamom stood with his eyes were locked into mine, standing in silence for a moment. He showed me an apolagetic look as he scanned my face. "I'm sorry," we said together in unison. Our eyes widen at each other and another wave of silence has started again. "Are you okay?" He broke the silence, still looking for any bruises on my forehead. I notice his hand was holding the door all along, and I don't want to block the entrance as well. "I'm good," I gave him a quick nod before walking into the room. He released his hand and pushed the door close just as I expected.

"I apolagize," he said once more, as he followed me inside. I stopped my pace and turned around, directly meeting the guilt in his eyes. I gasped and blurted out, "No please don't get it wrong, I'm not angry at you."

"It was my fault for not paying attention," I added. "Don't blame yourself for it," Aamon flashed a smile that I rarely witness from him. I chuckled at his words, reminding me that conversation I had with Gusion earlier. "Likewise, I'm truly fine now," I returned. "Glad to hear that," he said as we both shared another glance at each other.

Aamon and I head towards the huge dining table. I got distracted by his musky scent ever since he stood next to me. The same scent when I first met him in his room, oh I wish to not recall that moment ever again.

We ignored the stares being thrown at us, greeting everyone we passed by. His presence has somehow made me feel safe from the piercing looks. Until Guinevere guided us to our respective seats, I found myself sitting between Odette and Aamon. I hope it wouldn't be as awkward as I thought it will be.