7

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter seven ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

Back in Swan Castle, Odette has insisted me to stay with her. She urged me for an explanation about last night, how the duke of House Paxley and I met, and along with the monsters lurking around my house. I couldn't tell whether she was angry from her worry or because I didn't tell her sooner, or probably both.

I felt like my dignity has been shoved into the pits of the ground. I had never received so much help, these years I have been capable on doing everything myself especially when it comes to self-defense. I should forgive myself rather than overthinking about it. I believe that it would be an endless shameful phase, so I should take it as a grain of salt and move on.

Thamuz has tons of minions defending him, while I exist as an individual. I don't want to involve Odette or anyone else in this dangerous matter, but I guess she has brought herself involved with it. Nevertheless, it is my duty to protect her, and everyone else.

The doors opened and welcomed us inside, she beckoned me through the hallways. "Princess," one of the men in the castle stopped us, holding a rolled paper in his hand. "Speak up," Odette demanded him with an unusually stern tone. "Princess Silvanna has requested to meet Miss Y/n," the man kept his eyes low onto the ground. My eyes met hers, showing her hesitation towards me. "She is under of my protection, inform Princess Silvanna that she cannot attend any meeting with anyone at the moment until the situation around Lumina City is undercontrol in her hands," Odette softened her tone, still firmly grudging the request.

"Certainly, princess," the man bowed against her and left without any other word. Odette proceeded her way through the hallways as I become bothered by her attitude.  Her statement has made me thought as well, I am persistent that it has something connected to the monsters lurking around my area. "Lumina City is endangered?" I asked her as I catch up to her pace. "That is why, Silvanna wants you to be one of her extra striker along with the lightborn squad and I will not accept that," she didn't slow her pace down until she stopped infront of a door.

"Her goal is to protect the empire and I have the similar aim as them, allow me to participate," I stood infront of her, persuading her. "No, I won't allow you to be her puppet. That was one of the reason why you refused to join the lightborn squad," she opposed. I remained in silence, considering her response as one of a true fact, but it was not the main reason why I refused to join the lightborn squad. I was insecure of my skills, not ready of the responsibilities those are going to weigh on my shoulders which can possibly last until my last breath, from defending the city.

However, I decided to not respond any further. The evident unhappy expression on her face has warned me, her instincts may be true, and she might be worried of my safety. "This is my private library, please stay here as I have to take care of other matters," she beckoned me inside the room. "I have to help you in any way," I pleaded, hoping that she will respond postively.