[ 𝟬𝟬𝟳 ] here comes the sun(flower)

tw none

tw none

🧩 ⌜ when i met you ⌟ ┈─❟

"Happy Birthday, plant boy!" Franzlyn light-heartedly cheers, placing her gift near the couch before giving Basil a big hug, almost lifting him up in the air. He laughs as he hugs her back and thanks her for the gift.

She smiles before pulling back moving closer to the couch, sitting beside Sunny who has been watching them with his usual look. The others, mainly Hero and Mari were setting up the food while Kel and Aubrey were placing the cups and plates mostly. She could still hear them fighting.

Franzlyn didn't particularly mind or pay too much attention. It would always be one of those things that will happen every time they come over at each other's place. Even though she was close to all of these people, having grown up together she knew their personalities very well.

She had seen them at their worst, and she had seen them better. They had never been as close as they were now. It had been a lot of work. But it was worth it.

***

It was time for cake, and Franzlyn didn't like what was happening one bit.

"Are you sure you don't want to be in the photo, Sunny?" Aubrey asks, a bit concerned.

"Sunny is a bit camera shy..." Mari explains lightly, looking at her brother in confirmation. "We all have those days, don't we?"

"We do?" Franzlyn groans at the nudge to her stomach. She glares at Hero who looks away with an innocent look. "Dude!" She hissed.

"It's okay, Sunny! You'll get used to it soon enough! Hehe..." Mari reassures her brother, or maybe herself. Who knows?

Aubrey looks back at the cake in amazement. "Wow! This cake looks so amazing!" She compliments, looking back at Hero. "You've really outdone yourself this time, Hero."

"Yay..." Basil smiles, jumping up in joy. "Thanks, Hero! I like strawberries."

The girl beside him then taps his shoulder. "Basil, Basil! What wish are you going to make?" Aubrey asks but was then shut down by Kel yet again. "Hey, you can't ask that, Aubrey!" He scolds. "Or else... it won't come true."

Aubrey looks at him in surprise. "Huh? Is that how it works?" She paused for a moment. "Then, in that case... I wish... that Kel would get straight A's in school!"

"Hey, you can't do that!"

Franzlyn rolls her eyes at their argument.

Basil looks deep in thought. "Hmm... a wish? Ahh..." He looks troubled for a moment. "But what should I wish for? I have everything I could want right here?"

"Knew he would say that." Franzlyn whispers, nudging at Hero who smiles amusedly at her.

The girl grins at him before walking towards to couch to get something from her bag. She grins at the thing she was looking for before taking it out. Everyone was still too focused on Basil as they didn't notice her not being next to them anymore, save for Hero and Sunny. The girl walks up to Sunny with a camera stand in hand and a proud smile on her face.

Sunny blinks.

"So you could be on the picture too!" She gave him a thumbs-up.

Sunny looks down and nods. Franzlyn's grin grew even more as she sets it up where he was standing. He watches for a while before giving the camera to her.

The girl placed the camera on it gently. "See?" She pats his head as Sunny almost nuzzled himself on her hand.

"Guys, if we don't hurry, the candles are going to melt!" Hero reminds them. "Are we all ready to sing?"

"Yeah! You bet!"

Mari looks back at Hero who taps her shoulder. "Did you want to start us off, Mari?"

Mari nods. "Sure thing." She clears her throat. "Ahem... and a one, two, three, four..."

Franzlyn immediately turns on the timer for the camera.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!"

"Happy Birthday, dear Basil! Happy Birthday to youuuuu!"

The girl quickly grabs Sunny as they dashed towards the others. She immediately laughs once she heard Hero laughing at her and Mari almost stumbling in surprise. She could even feel the soft rumble of Sunny silently laughing.

CLICK!

"WOO-HOOOOO!" Kel cheers.

Aubrey leans in. "Make a wish..."

Basil could only smile in delight at everything around him.