wet dream *

★ LORELAI★

January 18th
1998

"Congratulations, again, you guys. We are so happy for you!" Faye yells down the hall as Harry and I make our way to the elevator.

After a long while of celebrating with all of our friends, we are finally going home. It was nice to be showered with love, but I'm looking forward to celebrating just the two of us. It's been a whirlwind of emotions kind of day, so I'm glad to finally have some peace. I still can't fully comprehend that tonight happened. I had a feeling it was coming, with help from Harry's constant teases about it, but I was completely surprised. I don't even want to think about the coming months of stressful planning and organizing, right now all I'm focusing on is my fiancé.

We walk hand in hand down the hall, unable to keep our hands to ourselves. We knock shoulders as we stop in front of the elevator, Harry reaching out to press the small call button. He lifts our conjoined hands up in front of his face, staring closely at the ring that sits on my finger. He snickers under his breath, shaking his head lightly.

"What?" I breathe a laugh, not being able to wipe the smile from my face.

"Just can't believe we're engaged." His dimples carve into his cheeks. 

"Me neither," I breathe just as the doors to the elevators open.

Harry lets me walk in first, his feet shuffling close behind mine. I lean against the back wall as Harry presses the button for the garage level. He slowly saunters towards me as the doors close us in, an alluring aura surrounding him. When he reaches me, he gently places his hands on my waist, his hips pinning me to the cold steel wall. His forehead lands on mine as we breathe each other in.

"I'm gonna be your wife," I whisper as his face gets closer and closer to mine.

"Mhm," He hums happily, our lips brushing against one another softly.

His lips capture mine in a slow kiss, the tension slowly rising in the confined space. He deepens the kiss, and our lips move together in sync, like it's second nature at this point. His hold on my waist tightens, his body inching closer to mine until we are practically intertwined. Just as he pushes his tongue into my mouth, the elevator rings out and the doors fly open. He groans into my mouth, pulling away slowly and snatching my hand. He drags me out of the elevator and to his car, a giddy feeling in my stomach as we walk. He's quick on his feet, rushing us to his car and throwing open the door for me. I slide in quickly, watching as he practically sprints to the drivers side.

As soon as the car roars to life, he's rushing us out of the garage and onto the main road, speeding down the empty streets. His hand stays planted on my thigh, kneading at the skin while his thumb draws delicate circles.

I know how tonight is going to go. It's been apparent how frustrated Harry was all night while trying to leave the loft. I'm not stupid. So I figure, why not have some fun with it?

As soon as we pull up to a red light, Harry groans out, growing impatient. "Be patient, baby," I laugh, reaching my hand out nonchalantly and placing it on his thigh.

He peers down at the soft contact, inhaling a shallow breath. When he stares back at me, he has a warning expression on his face. He takes the hand that was on my thigh, and peels my hand away from him, placing it back in my own lap.

"Don't do that right now," He mutters quietly.

"Do what?" I shrug, throwing my hand over the center console and landing on his thigh once again, this time a bit higher.

"Baby," He sighs, his eyes flicking to mine just as the light changes.

"Green light." I smile, watching as he squints his eyes and turns his head back to the road in front of us.