just like a movie

★ HARRY ★

June 26th

1997

"How much longer until we are in the next city?" Lorelai asks, her head propped up on my chest.

"Probably another hour or so." I mutter with my eyes closed, taking advantage of the silence.

"I could stay like this for hours." Lorelai whispers, lacing her fingers through my hair peacefully, slowly putting me to sleep.

"You're kinda crushing my gonads." I disagree.

"Shit, sorry." She shuffles on top of me, making us both more comfortable.

"It's fine, wasn't really fond of having kids anyways."

"Wait, really? Cause that kinda changes-"

"I'm kidding, Lor."

"So you do want kids?" She asks, and as I open my eyes I stare down at her inquisitive ones.

"I mean, yeah-"

"Mitch! What the fuck!" Our serious conversation is cut short from Harlow's screams.

Lorelai stares at me with a confused expression and we both quickly stand from the couch in the back of the bus, rushing to the small sliding door that opens to the hallway of bunks.

At the end of the hallway, near the bathroom, Harlow stands with a horrified expression on her face. We walk towards her, dying to know what has her so shaken up.

As we round the corner where the small bathroom is, we see what has Harlow so freaked out.

Sat on the toilet like a human is Sarah, the cat. Mitch sits on the floor in front of her, holding her small body stable on the porcelain seat. He stares up at us with an equally horrified expression, but in his case he's terrified that he was caught.

"Mitch! What the hell are you doing?"

"If we are going to be stuck on this bus for the next month, I just thought I should potty train Sarah!" He attempts to defend his actions.

"You can't potty train a cat, sweetie." Lorelai sighs beside me.

Suddenly Sarah jumps from the toilet, fleeing our sights. For some reason we all peer further into the bathroom. To our surprise, the cat did actually use the toilet correctly.

"See!" Mitch yells.

★ HARLOW ★

June 29th

1997

"I'll take a rum and coke please." I speak across the bar top, watching as the bartender quickly whips up my order.

"I don't know how you drink that." Faye speaks from beside me, sipping on her third martini of the night.

"It's not too bad." I shrug my shoulders, taking tiny sips of my drink.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." Lorelai slides into a seat beside me, severely out of breath and looking a mess.

"Were you with Harry?" Faye asks, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Uh- Yeah, I was." She says away, her cheeks going red.

"Yeah, we can tell." I laugh into my glass.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lorelai frowns.

"Well for one your hair and clothes are a mess, and you were fifteen minutes late." Faye points out the obvious things.

"And you smell like sex." I add.