Chapter 2, Part 2

I gasped. Silver was laying on his back and I hesitated before running over to his side.

"Silver?" I said worriedly as I kneeled down. "Silver?!"

I reached out and shook his shoulders. He didn't react. I shook him again, this time a bit rougher. He still didn't move. The only sign that he was alive was his breathing.

Panicking, I tried to remember one of the spells Silver had taught me that morning.

Shaking, I put my hands on his forehead and chest. Then, forcing myself to calm down, I turned my head up towards the forest and closed my eyes. As I started to whisper a healing spell, I could see a blue glow through my eyelids.

Focusing on positive energy, I let it flow through my arms and my hands, then into Silver. After a while I felt him shift, startling me out of my stance. I shot open my eyes and stared down at him as the glowing around my hands faded.

"Good job. Looks like you knew just what to do," Silver whispered, weakly opening his deep blue eyes and trying to sit up.

"Wh-what?" I asked, lowering my hands to my sides and continuing to look at him in disbelief.

"I cast a spell on myself when you were staring into the water. It made me sleepy and after I gave you a hug, I passed out. I did it on purpose. This was a test," Silver said, looking at me with pride and... Something else? Admiration? Care? Love? "I'm sorry if I scared you..."

I just looked at him for a time, then suddenly I felt anger well up in me and I slapped him. He touched his cheek, and then looked up at me, shocked.

"Why would you-" He started.

"I don't know! Because you scared me! You made me almost think you were dead!" A mischievously evil grin appeared on my face as I playfully added, "I'm going to kill you!"

"Wha-?!" I cut him off again as I tackled him. He struggled to get me off as I pinned him to the ground.

"Get off me!" A deep blue glow grew around his hands and I was flown off him, landing a couple feet away. Taking his chance while I was stunned, Silver ran into the forest.

I quickly got up and followed, giggling like crazy. We weaved through the trees, him running like his life depended on it. Glancing back, he tripped on a root and fell. I slowed down as I got close to him, watching as he turned around and scooted up against a tree.

We were both breathing hard. Silver lifted his hand towards me and I covered my face with my arms as a fierce wind blew across it. When I lowered them, Silver was up and running again.

The trees flew by as I sped after him. Suddenly, he turned and disappeared. I stopped and looked around. Silver was nowhere to be seen.

Closing my eyes, I tried to feel his aura. Nothing. Opening my green eyes again, I gasped.

The forest around me was covered in snow, as if it was suddenly in the middle of winter, but I didn't feel cold at all. I gazed at the fluffy powder as it sparkled in the gray light.

Picking a random direction, I walked up a hill and put my hood down. At the top, I closed my eyes and smiled. I lifted my arms, as if I was about to fly, as a strong, slightly cool breeze danced through the forest. My robe and long, brown hair danced along with it.

I stood there for a while, until the wind died down. Then, I felt someone gently put their hand on my right shoulder, making me look back at them. Silver was standing there, looking at me with a soft smile on his face. His hood was also down, letting me see his gray-silver hair. I put my arms down and turned to face him.