Chapter 2, Part 1

~Flashback to when the group met~

Note: Gabby and Pink know each other at this point, so do Lavapixel and Silver, but the two groups are separate. This is about 1 year ago.

Pink's POV

I turned off the lights and hid behind the couch just as I saw the door open. A girl stepped in carrying a backpack and a pick axe in her hands.

She was wearing a yellow hoodie with the hood up. The hair that fell in front of part of her face was brown, most of it in her hood.

She walked over to the couch and put her stuff down, then went to turn the lights back on. As she did I jumped up and shouted, "Surprise!"

She spun around with shock on her face, that then turned into a smile as she said, "You remembered! Thank you!"

"Of course I did! I've known you since, like, forever and I would never forget such an important day. You are my best friend and sister! And I always will be," I said as I wrapped her in a hug. Letting her go, I said, "Now, let's get the cake and presents."

"You made cake?" She asked as I dragged her into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes in amusement then looked at her.

"Just because I don't cook much doesn't mean I don't know how to all together. Just your food tastes so much better!" I turned on the lights in the kitchen to reveal a cake sitting on the table with two candles on it spelling the number 13.

"Will you do the honor of lighting the candles, Gabby?" I asked her.

She bowed dramatically and said, "Of course, fair Pink." She got up and we giggled. Walking over to the cake, Gabby waved her hand over the candles, lighting them in a bright blue flame.

"I still think it's awesome you can do that," I said in awe.

"You say that every time I do it," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Because it's awesome!" I said, smiling.

"Thanks," Gabby replied as she looked down shyly.

"Now, make a wish and blow out the candles!" I said, walking over next to her.

She closed her eyes in thought for a moment before opening them and taking a deep breath. Letting it out the flames quivered, then went out with a small trail of smoke left behind.

We cheered and I went to grab some plates along with forks and a knife. I put them on the table next to the pastry, then slowly took the candles out, trying not to mess up the frosting.

Picking up the knife, I carefully sliced into the cake's corner, making a perfect square. I then put it on one of the plates and handed it to Gabby, along with a fork. Cutting another slice for me, I sat down next to Gabby and saw her take a bite.

"Mm... Not bad," She said jokingly after swallowing.

"Thank you," I said back. "Happy birthday, Gabby!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pink's POV (Still) -Time Skip

So for a while we sat there, chatting while we ate. When we finished, I took the plates and washed them, telling Gabby to wait in the living room. I then put the cake in the fridge.

I then quietly and quickly ran upstairs into my room. Going to my bed and kneeling down to reach under it, I grabbed the present I had hid there. It had pink wrapping paper with a tag coming out of the bright blue bow on top.

Then, I went back downstairs and found Gabby sitting on the couch, patiently waiting. When I came into the room she looked at me with confusion that turned into a happy smile.