𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Start from the beginning

   Youngsoo let out a noise of surprise before leaning forward in her seat."You know I've heard about that."

     "No wonder he has no relatives in his affiliate companies." Yeonmi nodded in agreement.

    "What do you mean?" Hyejin asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

     "Don't get me started." Youngsoo said before motioning for the three girls to move their heads closer. "Rumor had it that someone was behind the accident that killed his parents."

    "For real?" Hari exclaimed.

    Rolling her eyes, the fashion designer gave Hari a look. "Of course not."

     "Wait, I've heard of this as well. I mean, I don't know what really happened, but apparently, Chairman Kang fired all his relatives to protect him." Yeonmi added, nodding her head in agreement.

     "Are we done?" Hyejin asked, raising her eyebrows, unimpressed by her friends. "Gossip about whatever you want but it's unfair to gossip about a tragic event like this one."

    "Sorry, Hyejin." Hari apologized, patting her arm softly.

    "We didn't mean to talk about what happened to your boyfriend." Yeonmi said, putting some food in her mouth.

     "He's not my boyfriend!"

✧༺♥༻✧

    "They seriously haven't finished making the final decision on which one of our designs they want?" Hyejin asked, letting out a deep sigh.

     "They said they needed more time." Yeonmi explained, briefing her phone call with the Chanel executives.

     Hyejin raised her glasses to rest on her head as she tiredly rubbed her eyes. "They have until next Monday. We won't be able to give them more time, otherwise the-" She paused her speech once her phone began vibrating on her desk.

    "Where are you?" She heard a familiar male voice say as she put the phone up to her ear.

     "I'm at work. But whatever it is that you need, can it wait until tomorrow? I'm busy." Hyejin explained, balancing the phone in between her ear and her shoulder as she went through the papers scattered on her desk.

    "You're meeting my grandfather soon and I want to make sure you're ready." Taemoo said.

    "Listen, I wouldn't pull you away from your work over something as miniscule as this. Whatever it is that you have to tell me, you can do it over the phone." The girl explained, letting out a small relieved sigh when she found the design she was looking for.

     "There's a car outside waiting for you and your secretary."

     "Seriously?" She asked in annoyance but he'd already hung up.

✧༺♥༻✧

     Hyejin took a seat on the couch beside Yeonmi, warily looking around as Taemoo spoke. "I thought it would be best to discuss this matter in a private space. Did you memorize what Mr. Cha gave you?"

    "I did." She answered, putting one leg over the other and interlocking her fingers over her knee. "You graduated from Hyunil, attended Harvard in 2010. You joined GoFood after graduation and launched the bone broth series which led to a quick promotion. You then headed over to the New York office and studied culinary arts. And for your hobbies-"