Debate and Missing

Start from the beginning

"Is this where you sleep?" Griffin asks Matt.

"Sometimes, yeah. Most of the time, Nicole takes it by claiming fiancee rights," He smiles at her as she lays down on it.

Cruz stands in the doorway as he had joined them on the tour, "They're the lucky ones. I got to sleep out here with the riff-raff. You should try catching a couple of winks next to Mouch. It's like the foghorns of bar harbor all going off-

The bells rings, "51, Squad 3..."

"See you later, kid," Cruz is the first one out.

Nicole tells Griffin, "We'll all do something fun when we get back, I promise. For now, you can go play with Pouch. Remember that she loves cuddles."

As the couple runs to their respective rigs, Nicole smiles at Matt, "He actually came!"

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Pulling up to the scene, a man yells to Nicole, "Please, my wife! You got to help her!"

She looks to be crushed underneath steel plates. As Squad and Truck try to carefully extract her from the plates, Nicole takes the husband, "Hey, why don't we check you out while they work? Come over here."

Leaving Gabby and Shay to check on him, Nicole is on standby and moves as soon as she's free, "On my count. One, two, three!" They lift her onto the stretcher and into the ambo in no time.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole gets back to the firehouse and sees that Kelly still isn't there. Starting to get worried, she calls him, "This is Kelly Severide. Leave a message."

"Hey, Kel. It's your sister. What's going on? Are you talking to Benny? Did you drive him back home? Let me know what's going on because I have something I want to give everyone and I kinda want you there. Uh, let me know what's going on."

Deciding just to get on with it, Nicole goes looking for Griffin and Matt when she finds them in the turnout room, "There you two are. What we talking about?"

"Dad," Griffin tells her.

"We don't forget him. We talk about him a lot, about how much we miss him and wish he was here with all of us," Nicole tells the young boy, "About how he'd making fun of Matt for having 1% more body fat than Herrmann."

Griffin turns to Matt, who groaned, "You have more body fat than Herrmann? Really?"

Matt shakes his head at Nicole, "You had to tell him, didn't you?"

Nicole gives him a sly smirk, "We all know Andy would never let you live it down, so we're sure as heck not going to either. Now, come on. I wanna pass out invitations."

"Is Kelly back then?"

"No, but I'm choosing to hand out wedding invitations instead of spiraling over the fact that no one knows where my brother is. You have a problem with that?"

"Let's hand out invitations."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Griffin helps Nicole gather everyone in the common room before she starts, "Okay, who wants to guess what I hold in my hand?" She holds the envelops up so they can't see what's written on them.

"Blackhawk tickets?" Cruz guesses.

"Money!" Otis shouts.

"Votes for Randy McHolland?"

Nicole groans, hanging her head, "No. None of those are even close to being right. They are wedding invitations!"

She starts passing them out to everyone, "Now, I know that things are tense around here right now and Gabby and Shay have their whole argument things going on but this is Matt and I's wedding, something a few of you have been begging for for years. It's in three months and I expect all of you to be there, dressed nicely and with smiles on your faces."