Fuji Syusuke and Seigaku's Crisis

It's 8:30 P.M. already and Echizen Ryoma was having a match with his father Nanjirouh at their court when Nanako called him and said he has a visitor. Ryoma wondering who it is, was surprised by Momoshiro's outburst at him who's standing on their lounge. (Or at least the Echizens' living room in the temple) "Momoshiro-senpai you're annoying and loud, what are you doing here?" Momoshiro who already calmed himself down talked to Echizen already. "Echizen! Fuji-senpai... Fuji-senpai's at the hospital. The building near the mall collapsed and senpai saved a little girl but was hurt badly!! He's still at the ICU but the other regulars are there already waiting for any infos about Fuji-senpai's condition." Echizen, with a shocked written on his face but has immediately changed, asked his senpai to wait for him.
They went to the hospital where Fuji Syusuke's admitted. They saw their teammates have sad expressions. "Tezuka, do you know what happened?" Oishi, asked. "No. But after we went to school, he told me he's going already. I believe he's with his younger brother after that." They were still silent until Syusuke's siblings came. After Syusuke's brought to the hospital, Yuuta contacted their parents and their older sister,while Mizuki informed Tezuka. The Fuji siblings went home to get some stuffs.
At 11 P.M., Fuji Syusuke's sister was informed by the doctor that they still do not know when is Syusuke's going to wake up or if he's going to wake up. And that they're still trying to examine his spinal if it was damaged or not. Yuuta asked about the little girl Syusuke saved and they said she was fine. He asked his aniki's teammates and friends to go home for now and just come back tomorrow if they want, and that he's going to tell his aniki when he wakes up that they were here.
Ryuzaki-sensei told the regulars to come at their school's tennis court tomorrow morning to have their meeting and that they were going to visit Fuji after their classes.They went home silently but worry's written on their faces.

Morning came and their coach informed them that the team will need a huge adjustment for their upcoming game, which is three days away. "Fuji's sister already called and said he's still hasn't woken up yet. To all of you, we will still have our usual practices and try hard to win in the Nationals without Fuji playing." Their meeting continued with words of encouragement from their coach which is needed since the team's morale lowered after what happened to their friend and teammate. They were all determined to win for everyone's sake specially for Fuji's. They were determined to put all their frustrations and emotions at the upcoming tournament. The news about Fuji spread quickly.

The regulars always visit Fuji after their practices only to find out he still hasn't woken up. The Nationals came and their first game was a success. They have beaten the Okinawa team. It was a difficult match so they decided to have a special training again. Before having their special training they relaxed for a bit and also visited Fuji.

Morning came before their training and they decided to pay their last visit to Fuji since they'll be gone for at least two days. That very morning, they were informed that Fuji has woken up already but also advised that the Fuji they will see isn't the same Fuji they know. They were bewildered by the news and asked why. Yuuta told them that his aniki learned his condition and wasn't able to accept it. He said his brother has serious injury with his arms and shoulders.He said that the doctors advised his aniki that if he still wants to play tennis, he needs to undergo a surgery and also rehabilitation. The rehab will probably take a year and he won't be able to play until it's done. The success rate of the surgery and rehab is 50%. Yuuta said his aniki cannot accept his condition and the situation he's in, specifically the fact that he couldn't play even one game in the Nationals. Also, there are other factors to consider if he's going to undergo the surgery and rehab. Of course the major factor is money. Secondly, school. But whatever Syusuke's decision would be, they'll (Syusuke's Family) accept it and support him.

Now that they learned about Fuji's condition, they visited him already. "I heard you won against the Okinawa team. Congrats." That was what Fuji said to his teammates and friends at first without his usual smile although, he still smiled(A/N:you know, the sad kind of smile) . Then Tezuka broke the long awkward silence by asking Fuji. " Fuji, what are your plans now? We heard of your condition." "Right Fuji! Whatever your decision will be, the Seigaku will always be here for you and we will support you!" Oishi added followed by the nods and smiles of his teammates. "I was just given by the news that the company responsible for the building's willing to help me with my surgery. But only the surgery. Everyone, I have already decided to quit tennis and have my surgery abroad and also study there." They were shocked by the news Fuji gave them. They know they promised to be happy for him and to support him but, quitting tennis and studying abroad? That news was too much for them. They know Fuji's potential at tennis is still unknown and it is a waste for him to just quit. "Fuji, are you sure about your decision?" "No. About quitting tennis, I'm not yet sure. Im never going to be sure unless I finished my surgery and rehab. If it is a success, no doubt, I'll play, but for now, I'm quitting and I want to start over abroad. Honestly, I won't be able to bear the fact that you're all playing in the Nationals and I can't. I think this is being selfish so I am really sorry for thinking this way. But this is how I really feel." The Seigaku team were relieved that Fuji isn't completely giving up on tennis. Also, they understand Fuji. It it were them, they'd feel the same. "Fuji-senpai, when are you going?" Echizen asked. "Hmm. I still don't know." "Fujiko!! We'll win the Nationals for you! Nya~remember that you're part of Seigaku's success!!" "Fuji, we hope you'd recover quickly and we understand your feelings. If we were you, we will also feel that way. Gambate Fuji!" Oishi added. "Fuji, we hope for your quick recovery and I'm still looking forward to our next match." Tezuka said, the last one to give Fuji some words of encouragement. Fuji said his thanks to them and they now went to their special training.

Fuji already have the details of his departure. He already informed his parents and big sis about his decision and asked them to arrange everything as quickly as possible. Of course Ryuzaki-sensei knows about this too, but Fuji asked her not to tell his teammates anything. He plans to go abroad before the next game of Seigaku. He still can't afford to watch and hear news about the Nationals. He admits, he is still bitter about it. But who wouldn't? He, together with his teammates were looking forward to this opportunity and they all worked hard to achieve the position they're in now. But he still wishes his team a good luck deep in his heart because he also knows how they badly want to prove that Seigaku's the number one middle school tennis team in Japan.