Prologue:The Gate

Y/N Knuckles Echidna, but mostly called by his second name Knuckles.

He doesn't really tell anyone his first name and just stick with his second name, even his friends think his first name is Knuckles which isn't true but they didn't asked so he didn't bother to tell them.

His the last of the echidnas, well atleast he think he is but there's really no other echidnas like himself so his convince he is the last.

He is left to protect this power gem called Master emerald, and he knew his job is important and have been pass down to generations to generations.

Y/N known to others Knuckles is just leaning against the old pillar with his arms behind his back, mostly sleeping since it's night.

The master emerald glowed slightly as green light shines through, the echidna is peacefully sleeping.

But the peace will be interrupted when a purplish glow came underneath him.

Then suddenly the purple glow create some sort of portal underneath the echidna, having him to fell right through it.

Y/N felt strong gust of wind going through him, he groan in annoyance as he slightly open his eyes, it was a blurr at first but soon cleared.

He sees himself falling in the air as he just stared tiredly.

"...oh...I'm falling.." he said in a sleepy tone as he closed his eyes to sleep again...

But his eyes quickly shot open wide when he realized what's really going on.

"I'M FALLING?!" he shouted in confusion and shock as he wave his hands around in panick while he continue to fall.

He quickly go to a position to use his gliding abilities before he'll hit the ground.

His deadlocks goes up trapping the air to manipulate it and his in a life and death situation so he have to make this quick.

The wind start to ease but still going as the ground goes closer, luckily though he manage to decrease the fall but his still going to get hit ending up crashing on the grassy ground.

He soon groan in slight pain and lift himself up, he put a hand on his head as he groan.

"ugh...that hurts" he said and shake his head to get the dirt off his head and his own deadlocks before opening his eyes to look around.

He seems to be in a open field with trees nearby, but what weirded Y/N is that it's sunset, last time he remembered he go to sleep at night, it's quite impossible for him to wake up very long despite his a morning mobian.

"sunset? Isn't suppose to be sunrise? And why am i falling from the sky in the first place? Where am i?" Y/N asked but none of his questions are answered which made him frustrated about.

Not only his not in the angel Island his in a place where he doesn't know about.

" well this is just fantastic! "Y/N said with sarcastic and anger as he continue to look around.

He seems to be in a forest, but he didn't recognize it, he heard some rustling in the bushes making him look and quickly went on his fighting stance...

The bush shakes more as Y/N harden his glare ready to punch whatever it is.

...

...

Pop!

A green large caterpillar came out of the bush stopping Y/N, he blink dumbfounded starring at the large caterpillar infront of him.

"what the h3ll..?" he said he start to approuch it as the caterpillar look at him, he stop and stared back both starring at eachother.

Y/N kneel down and start to pet the caterpillar's head.

"...i don't know what you are...but hello there, my name is Knuckles..who are you?" he asked in a calm gesture as the caterpillar just blink and stared at him.

"hm...can't talk huh? Then don't worry" he said as he gently carried the caterpillar on his hold as a smile appeared on his muzzle.

"i can take you somewhere safe, you know it's dangerous to be alone in a random forest little fella" he said as the caterpillar again made a small noise which made Y/N blink in suprised but smiled.

He held the caterpillar close around his arms.

"let's go little fella" He said as he start to walk off