Chapter 4

"Hey, B. You're up early." Tweak said, drinking some cold coffee.
"It's only five-thirty, ma'am." Bianca replied, turning on the kettle.
"None of that 'ma'am' stuff. We're friends now." She smiled.
"Really? Don't have many of those where I'm from." Bianca sat down, a smile on her face.
"Us girls gotta stick together." Dashi added, entering the room.
"Morning, Dashi!" Tweak exclaimed. She had so much energy early in the morning, perhaps because she was a rabbit.

"Dang straight." Tweak protested. "We should make a pact."
"A pact?" Dashi inquired.
"Yeah. Like a best friend's pact." Tweak explained.
"Uh, Tweak? Everyone on this ship is best friends. We've been seeing nobody but each other for years now." Dashi stated.
"Bup! That's not the point. Point is, we are now part of an elite pact of best friends. Period."
"Alright then, I suppose I can handle that."
"Sounds like fun. I'm afraid I have to head up to HQ, but it was nice to meet you."
Bianca nodded to the pair and slipped out hastily.
"She seemed very stressed."
Tweak commented, looking back.
"What makes you say that?"
Dashi inquired.
"She left the kettle on."

"Barnacles?"
Bianca cautiously entered the HQ, seeing her brother starting out the window.
"That's Captain Barnacles, to you."
"Fine, Captain Barnacles. It says that you need to teach me your morning drill, for training purposes." She sighed.
"Well then, you'll be happy to know that our morning drill is nonexistent."
He turned around to face her with a teasing smile.
"It is not, Barnacles." Bianca stated.
"It is, actually. We've all been here so long that it's kind of faded out." Shellington added, pausing to sip his tea. He'd been staring there- that whole time. Just sipping Earl Grey.
"So, we just drink tea in the game room." He sipped again. "Speaking of which, are you coming, Captain?"
Bianca scoffed and folded her arms.
"You cannot be serious."

"Yes. Just a moment, I'll be right there."
Barnacles said.
"This ship is dysfunctional."
She spat.
"That's right. I forgot about tea time. Well, tea time is earned here. So you will keep watch of the HQ."
Barnacles pushed her towards the windshield.
"Well, that sounds like a pretty advanced concept for a trainee. What if I see something?"
She protested sarcastically.
"Then, you hit the button."
The bear pointed to an orange button nearby, slowly backing away to follow the otter.

Bianca groaned and sat down on the board filled with buttons, rolling her eyes. She knew he would hold her back somehow.
"Aye Aye, Cap'n."