The ceiling of my room fell off because of the huge stones they threw with the catapults. Surprisingly, the Duke's Chamber is intact. Sa loob ng limang araw, dito ako natulog. Napapamura na rin ako tuwing nararamdaman ko siyang tumatabi sa akin. My mind is not at ease. There are too many things to amend, to work on. Hindi ako sanay na walang ginagawa kaya halos pumutok na ang ugat niya sa ulo kakatimpi sa ugali ko. Kasalanan niya, gusto niya akong manatili, edi mananatili ako.

"Latisha," he called me.

Hindi na kasi ako nagsalita para imungkahi ang pagsalungat ko. Siya naman lagi ang nananalo sa katigasan ng aming ulo. I never win whenever I face him. Not because I intended to lose, but I melt like an ice under a fucking hot weather.

"Your grace, the doctor said it is better for me to move—"

"You can move, but not run or carry heavy things," he cut me off, again. "Look at you, if I don't force you to eat, you'll be a stick. You neglected your own body, Latisha. It is an abuse to not let the body heal."

"I heal faster if I move," I insisted.

He let out an exasperated sigh. "I know you grow up feeling strong even when you're in pain. But this time, can you let me handle it for you? I know you're mourning but don't deprive me to take care of you."

He let me wander on his magnetic amber orbs. That abyssal terrain in his eyes is swallowing me, making me fell deep into the secrets it's keeping. Napaiwas na naman ako ng tingin ng maramdaman ko ang pagbilis ng kabog ng aking puso. Iniwas ko ang aking mga kamay sa pagkakahawak niya at tinago ito sa ilalim ng kumot.

"Hindi magbabago ang isip ko," sagot ko habang pinagmamasdan ang tanawin sa labas ng nakabukas na bintana. "I am still willing to divorce you. Once I'm healed, I'll go to the City Hall and request another papers."

Nanatili ang pag-iwas ko ng tingin dahil hindi ko gustong malaman kung ano ang nararamdaman niya. He knows why I want this divorce but he kept opposing it. Sinasampal ko na sa kanya ang gusto ko pero hanggang ngayon, malabo pa rin ang rason niya. Ayaw kong maniwala sa lahat ng naririnig kong mga matatamis na salita mula sa kanya. His sudden outburst is something I cannot believe and he needs to realize that.

"Wife," he whispered. His voice wasn't broken, but he sounded like he swallowed a lump in his throat. "Can you give me a chance?"

I took a deep breath to form my confidence before I looked at him. Nagtama agad ang aming mga tingin at pinipilit kong tatagan ang titig ko. "You know that I don't love you, anymore. My love was buried years before and it is long gone."

Instead of an answer. I almost let out a curse when he pulled me out of bed and carried me towards a huge mirror. Pinaharap niya ako sa salamin habang nakatayo siya sa likod ko. We both looked at each other's reflection and my face showed the confusion I was feeling.

"You love me," he said to me using our reflection. "I can see that every day. Your eyes never lie, they reflect what you feel, and they burn with my touch."

Napasinghap ako ng bigla niyang pinulupot ang kanyang mga bisig sa akin. His palms trailed the silk I'm wearing and even if it was just my clothes he was touching, I could feel the warmth on his touch. My breathing quickly sharpened when his lips made contact with my skin. He kissed my neck, making my head tilted to the left.

"One of the things I knew about you is the fact that your actions never lie," he whispered. My mouth gape when his right palm touched my mound. "Your body reacts with my touches, your lips sings my name, and your eyes show more emotions you never tell. Now, tell me, wife. When did your love for me burn off?"

Hindi himawalay ang aming mga tingin simula ng tinayo niya ako sa harap ng salamin. We both can see what my eyes reflects on the mirror, and how my body reacts with his teasing. I looked like a fucking slut who can't control my own body, giving in to his pleasure.