1

I breathed in and out slowly, I saw Ezra and Caleb do the same beside me. This was the fourth place we'd been to try and find the girls and all of the places that we'd been so far had been a waste of time.

The building we were stood in front of was large, metal and prison-like with boarded up windows. The thought of the girls being trapped in there made my blood run cold. God knows what that physcopath had been doing to them.

Rage bubbled inside of me and I curled my hands into fists at my side.

And then, all of a sudden, just like that, all of the thoughts in my head stopped swirling and I saw her.

I felt my whole body relax, relief flooded through my body like warmth and only then did I realise how much I had missed her.

Her smile, her laugh, her sarcasm and her ridiculous yet hilarious sense of humour. I loved her when she was all dressed up with a face full of make up, yes, but I loved her like this too. Just as much, if not more. The real her. The her with messed up hair, no make up and a torn dress. The girl who's eyes lit up when she saw me even after everything she's been through. The girl who is stronger and braver and a better person than I'll ever be.

That's the girl I love.

That's Spencer Hastings.