Chapter Thirteen

Short chapter again. But it features an original song from me! Enjoy!

If there was one thing that Luz was sure of about now, it was that Sarah Jones was an absolute nutcase. She had already thought the girl was crazy, but witnessing her up close, it was clear she was on a whole other level of madness that Luz didn't even want to know if it went any deeper.

First, the girl had made Luz run the length of the the stage back and forth about fifty times. Then, she forced her to do push-ups whilst also having a foot planted on the Latina's back.

Finally, Luz was forced to start learning the basic choreography that sent her miserably crashing into the floor over and over, while the band folks stood by and watched. Mr. Peterson also hadn't hesitated to comment.

"Keep working at it Noceda. Maybe one day you'll be able to stand in place without tripping."
Luz glared at him from the floor.

"Not helping, Henry." Sarah watched thoughtfully as Luz failed time and time again to balance properly, and fail.

"Do it again." She said. Luz groaned, and did so. After falling again, she rolled onto her back, absolutely exhausted.

"Can we be done? I want to go home." Sarah rolled her eyes.

"Fine, but meet me in Studio B at Cat's Dance Academy tomorrow. Four PM sharp. Got it?" Luz stood, her muscles feeling like jelly. She glared at Sarah, and shoved past her irritably.

"Fine." She spat, and started to walk away.

"You're an asshole, you know that, Noceda?" Sarah called after her. Luz sighed, but didn't turn around.

"Yeah, I know." She mumbled. And I regret it every day of my life. Unfortunately, no one could hear that though as she walked out the doors.

::::::::::::::::::

As soon as Luz got home, she strode right past her house and to the cabin. She once again sat down on the steps and took out her instrument. Sitting there, thinking about everything that had gone on recently, hell, what had gone on in the last few years made her so overwhelmed. So Luz did what she always did when things were overwhelming. She took out her emotions in her music.

How can I forget, the things that are gone.
How can I undo, a past that is undone.
What if I regret, the actions I have led?

Do I deserve forgiveness, do I deserve a chance?

I take all my choices, and lay them out to see.
Am I worthy of what others think of me?
I don't know why or how, I don't know who to be.
Or did I forget how to be me?

Searching through the trees, through the brush and vines.
Not understanding how, to read between the lines.
How do I make things right, how do I find my light?

What if I'm not worth it, what if I always doubt?

I use my words, and shape them out to hear,
I don't know where I am, but I hope that hope is near.
I wish that one day, I have the strength to say,
"I know that I, have found my way."

But right now I'm here, unsure of where to turn.
I can't get too close, to the sun or I'll burn.
And I can't go back to where I was, 'cause I'll freeze in place there too.

But I won't let myself stay, I'll have to get clue.

I'm gonna keep my cool, I won't be here for long.
Even if that means I do some things wrong.
I wish I could forget my past, but I can only be here now.
So I'll put my best foot forward and one day I'll be proud.

Luz finished the song and sighed. Her stomach growled, and she realized that she hadn't eaten since that protein bar this morning. The music had helped soothe her mind, and she felt a little more prepared to go home.