CHAPTER 2 『ROYAL ACADEMY』

Start from the beginning

"Take care on your way, Your Highness!"said the servant, responsible for my school supplies, elegantly handling them to me. All the servants of the household gathered around and bowed down to me.

The feeling of power surged inside me. This certainly felt good. Now, now, let's calm down. You're not Empress yet. You're just a noble. And that's normal. An overpowered noble, yes, but still a noble. You've got many years ahead of you.

But still, D A M N! That's so cool! Having all those people serving you happily, doing your every deed. That's how life should be. Not enough not to make me homesick, but it's still something.

The servants made me wear a woollen, heavy hat, and a very resistant and warm woollen coat. I felt like some kind of Russian Queen.

The two giant doors opened. Cold air rushed into the mansion. Maybe palace or castle, I don't know. Outside, a magical sight awaited for me.

"Wow."I silently murmured.

We were, i don't know, on the top of a mountain. It was wonderful. I could stare down at the vicinity, the countless white peaks of other smaller mountains.

This seemingly barren snowland is the land of Gelida. When "Yrnam" comes, the equivalent of "Spring," this will be exactly like living in a fairytale.

The ice and snow won't melt, of course, but at least, the skies will be blue, and the air will be less stingy.

These series of mountains and peaks were called the "Longnor" mountains. They were almost surrounding Gelida, leaving a small pass on the end of it, serving as an exit and as a natural choke point.

This area was specifically chosen by my father, so no one may either enter and try to de-ostracise me, or in my case, to not escape. In the game, my father used to describe me as "a pain" cause I was and still am, powerful.

A royal carriage waited me in front of the entrance. A soldier helped me by opening the door for me, and he kneed down for me, so I could climb.

This carriage is more warm than luxurious; fairly simple but cozy and comfortable. It possessed some of those animal hides, which were carefully included inside the carriage. It didn't feel bad-made of rushed or too "unroyal." It was perfect.

"There's no need to rush, soldier. The lady was co-operative today."said the Archmaid, an old lady, who seemed to be very strict and diligent.

"Yes, ma'am! Glory to the Empire!"said the soldier.

"May God have our Princess well."said the Archmaid. The maids did their cross over their body, Catholic style.

"The Princess, Lady Vespertite Bernadotte, Duchess of the Land Of Gelida, departs! Hiyah!"shout the soldier, whipping the poor horses at the front.

There were 3 of them, because the roads were really narrow and steep.

"I believe you are quite used to this, Your Royal Highness, right? The roads, I mean."said the clad in armour soldier in the front. I thought that I'd have more guards on this carriage with me.

I looked at the front, where the soldier is supposed to be, and answered: "I am."

I looked outside my window. Except for the frozen wasteland, I could see where I was living inside just some minutes ago.

It was a huge castle, on the very end of the peak of the mountains. It was extraordinary; i clearly felt like a noble. Man, with this kind of treatment, I'll get my plans on traction way sooner than expected!

"Stay clear of the windows, Your Royal Higness. It's not safe."said the soldier, with the curtains automatically closing down on me.

I made sure not to gasp by this sudden and supernatural phenomenon.