Chapter 83. The Snapping Strand

Start from the beginning

"Azalea! Your swordsmanship is really impressive!"

"I think so too!"

"Could I ask for pointers?"

"Hey! I arrived first! Who do you think you are, cutting in the line before me—"

Lucilline sucked in a deep breath. His head was ringing heavily, while the name of 'Azalea' kept bouncing on his mind, as if trying to give him a concussion.

The black-haired nobleman really wished to pull a book over his book.

To his surprise, all the surrounding noises had dissipated. Lucilline lifted his head off his desk, his golden eyes found from confusion. Then, he noticed a familiar and dashing figure standing just before him. A nest of silver hair swayed before his eyes, that colour more blinding than the sun.

Azalea shyly smiled, "May I talk to you in private, Third Master Rubius?"

Lucilline paused. Is he taking to me?

The sound in the room was devoid of sound, enough to hear a pin drop as clear as day. Lucilline then noticed that everyone's eyes were glued to him, as if a thread attached to their eyes had sewn unto his figure. He could feel the burn stinging into his gaze.

"Of course." The black-haired nobleman agreed, rising up from his desk.

A bright layer of light folded across Azalea's soft curls of silver hair. His pale face had only glistened underneath the sun, and he bloomed like a budding flower. "Great! If you could follow me, Sir!"

Lucilline couldn't help but hum to himself. What a weird guy.

He was led to the school courtyard, where it was empty of any other students. It was almost time for the next lesson, and students were busy with heading to class. Lucilline leaned lazily on the school wall, his straight and lean back resting like a sly black cat. Across from him, the white-haired transfer student nervously bit his bottom lip.

His white teeth chewed, almost enough to tear his lip's skin. Azalea fumbled with his hands, his thumbs fiddling in distraught.

"Ahem, Sir..." He laughed to sound nonchalant, but the atmosphere only thickened.

Lucilline, "..." Hurry up. I don't have all day to waste.

As if he could sense the black-haired nobleman's impatience, Azalea got straight to the point. He bowed flawlessly in a 90 degree angle, his thin waist revealed from his uniform pulling upwards.

"Lucilline Rubius Sir! I am wondering if you are interested in hiring me as a knight!"

That proposition echoed in the air, breaking many layers of the winds.

Silence followed afterwards.

Lucilline: ???

"Umm, Sir?" Azalea became even more nervous, his nails pinching himself on the index finger. "I can prove that my swordsmanship skills are sharp and perfectly capable of guaranteeing Sir's safety. If I am Sir's knight, then I will do my utmost best to perform my knightly duties for you!"