Chapter 29. Could I Borrow Your Sword?

"...what are you doing?" Lucilline felt exasperated.

He was busy flinging debris left and right. While he was working a sweat, the Crown Prince was on the side shaking from who knows what. If Lucilline knew that Dimitri was actually shaking from laughter, he would have directly thrown his spear through the latter's head.

"...thinking about something." Dimitri turned back, flashing a smile.

Lucilline's eyes thinned at that. He felt that the Crown Prince wore many different masks. It made it difficult to discern what he really was thinking.

He blocked another flying debris, with it barely missing Dimitri's head.

"Be careful, Your Highness the Crown Prince." Lucilline warned. His spear swung violently against the debris, smashing the broken ceiling into pieces. Small speckles of dirt sprinkled onto the Crown Prince's hair. Dimitri frowned.

I will have to take a shower after this.

His hazel brown irises squinted, as he looked at the black-haired nobleman moving as swift as a feather. Dimitri must admit that Lucilline truly did live up to his words.

He did feel like he was invincible when shielded by Lucilline's spear.

However, was it truly capable of defeating this gigantic demon?

"Stick to the plan," Lucilline ordered, then flashed a glance at the Crown Prince. "Your Highness, next time, pay more attention to your safety. It would be a huge deal if you were crushed by the rubble just now."

Dimitri just shrugged, "I'm fine."

Lucilline clearly did not trust him, and ignored him.

The giant demon had finally found the rose-hilt sword in its eye, pulling it out and throwing the sword at the ground. It skidded to Daphnne's feet, whose eyes widened and picked up the sword. The giant demon had removed the broken blade in its other eye, throwing it at the ground too.

In an instant, both of its wounds at the eyes had recovered!

The demon regained its eyesight, then immediately threw its claws at Lucilline and Dimitri—

Lucilline blocked the claw with his spear, taking the attack head on. His feet were rooted deep into the ground, and felt his calves shaking from the monstrous strength.

His spear began to bend slightly.

The gigantic demon squinted at the little human, who dared to fight back. While the two were stuck in this standstill, both Azalea and Daphnne darted out from the classroom. They carried their swords, and attacked at the gigantic demon's ankle.

Their plan was for Lucilline and Dimitri to distract the demon. While it was distracted, the two protagonists would cut off the demon's legs!

However, Daphnne's heart held fear.

She remembered the last time she cut at the demon's leg—her blade had cracked in halves. What if she is unable to slash at the demon's leg this time?

"Just slash at it!" Azalea encouraged her.

Daphnne was pale, as she raced at the demon's opposing leg. The giant foot was covered in shadows, with claws sticking out from the nails. She no longer cared, and held the rose-hilted sword tightly. The feeling of the carved roses seemed to trace her palms, bringing her a sense of warmth and confidence.

Daphnne gritted her teeth.

Wind rushed from her back, as she cleanly sliced off the demon's foot.

Her eyes widened, unwilling to believe what she had just done. "I did it!" Daphnne quickly leaped backwards, watching the demon fall to the ground from instability.