Chapter 32. What Makeup Do You Use?

The Royal Palace was truly humongous up close.

Its pointy towers climbed beyond the milky white clouds, which were like silk threads spindling in the plain blue skies. The beige-coloured walls were rooted deeply on the threshold, standing mightily and guarding the abode within. Patterns engraved the several balconies, spiralling past every nook and cranny of the tower's radius.

On the top of the tower is a flag. Stripes of azure blue, mahogany red, and lilac purple colours had donned the fabric. The flag was blown rapidly by the winding winds.

"How luxurious..." Lucilline eyed the entrance.

Behind him, Augustine sighed silently. His cold and indifferent face perfectly hid his emotions. But such a big palace like this is quite scary to live in. If Duke Rubius' manor was big, then the Royal Palace was comparable to Jupiter.

Willow had left to go check up on Daphnne and Azalea.

Gradually, a servant from the Royal Palace let Lucilline and Augustine inside. Both master and butler had to reel in a breath while digesting what they saw.

Inside the Royal Palace were lily white walls polished and embellished in jewels. The golden engravings and golden-framed portraits situated on the surfaces, appearing especially blinding. Lucilline estimated that at least two hundred silvers were spent to purchase such fine items.

The white pillars served as a threshold, balancing the parabolic ceiling and garnished chandelier. A large red carpet led from the entrance to deep within the palace.

"His Highness the Crown Prince will be coming shortly to meet you, Young Master Rubius." The servant bowed then left in a hurry.

Augustine's body was oddly tense.

A few months ago, he was in his original world—working hard to earn scrubs and feed himself, with what little he had. He was surrounded by poverty, pennies that were discarded because they became unusable on the market, and uncleanliness.

Now, he was inside the richest place of Lydia Kingdom!

All of a sudden, a small gentle poke came from his right side. Augustine turned to look at the great villain—he meant Lucilline.

The black-haired nobleman lifted a corner of his mouth, "You look like as if you're about to start a bloodbath. Are you nervous?" His voice was quiet, but close enough for the butler to hear.

"I'm not nervous." Augustine lied without batting an eye.

Lucilline was not tricked, and just clicked his tongue at the roof of his mouth. He was bored, and looked away, with his golden eyes scavenging for things to satisfy his curiosity.

"Apologies for being late." A familiar voice came from above. It was gentlemanly, yet withhold a strange danger lurking nearby. Two pairs of eyes looked upwards—one golden and delicate, while the other was grey and domineering.

A lean yet masculine figure trudged down the hundred-step staircase. Dimitri was dressed in a white suit, adorned in sewn jewels, gems, and threaded designs. His daisy white boots clicked upon every step he took, and the boots reached up high to his thighs. He wore white trousers, with a belt ornamented in badges and gold wrapped comfortably around his waist.

On his shoulders was a red and white fox coat, dragging unhurriedly on the steps.

Dimitri ruffled his golden locks of curly hair, revealing his gentle hazel eyes. If Lucilline hadn't seen him back during the battle against the demons, he would've been deceived and thought that the Crown Prince was a warm-hearted person.