Chapter 8. What About Him is a Villain?

"...Another world. A fictional novel... and you learned about Duchess Rubius' death from that novel, huh." Lucilline had an amused appearance. He seemed to have taken a liking to what Augustine had explained.

Augustine had relaxed. He'd proven his worth.

There was no way the great villain would kill him now-

All of a sudden, the knife pressed even closer to his neck. Two more beads of blood had drawn out of his wound. Lucilline smiled provocatively, "Since you've said that I'm a character of that novel, then would you mind telling me what role I play?"

Hearing that, Augustine's relaxed composure had once again stiffened.

If he told the great villain his role... would he outright kill him? If the great villain knows his role, then would he completely go out and destroy Lydia Kingdom?

"Don't be shy..." Lucilline pressed more weight on the knife. "Just go ahead and tell me."

The more nervous Augustine was, the colder his face was. At that point, he appeared like he was looking at Lucilline as if he was looking at an indecent piece of trash. His jawbone was stiff and firm, making him look like he was scowling. Especially since he was born with a handsome face, at that moment, Augustine should be able to capture the hearts of several young women.

Lucilline remained immune to the cold yet handsome face. "I wonder if I'm the protagonist... nah, if I was the protagonist, you wouldn't say that I will destroy Lydia Kingdom."

Then, he smiled, "Am I the villain?"

Augustine flinched.

Seeing that, Lucilline immediately knew the answer. "Aww, you should've just told me! So what if I'm the villain? At least I won't go trespassing on other people's property and threatening to kill them."

Augustine, "..." Why does it sound like he's purposely lashing out on me?

"So you came over here trying to kill me because you know I'll be destroying Lydia Kingdom in the future?" Lucilline expressionlessly pointed out the truth. "Good to know. Now that I am aware of my fate, I know to not destroy Lydia Kingdom, even though it's not like I'll actually do that."

Hearing that, Augustine's eyes thinned. "How am I supposed to trust you?"

Lucilline whipped his head at him.

A pair of golden eyes clashed at silver.

"You're a villain. In the future, you will bring harm to the entirety of Lydia Kingdom. Here I am asking you, how are you going to promise that you won't endanger this Kingdom?" Augustine spat.

They fell at a standstill. It was then Lucilline broke out into a cheery smile, "You don't have a choice. You have to remember that I'm the one who's in control right now."

For some reason, Augustine felt at unease. He quietly backed away, but the body of Willow blocked him.

"And besides," Lucilline deadpanned. "My future doesn't determine what kind of character I am."

Upon hearing that, Augustine fell silent. For some reason, his heart felt like it was greatly seized. It was then, he understood. Looking upwards at the great villain's two beads of golden eyes, Augustine felt that he was moved.

A familiar voice rung in his ears, Augustine... don't be afraid. Just because your future is horrible... doesn't mean you're a horrible person...

"Don't go and try to escape." Lucilline grinned. "Willow, you know what to do."

Willow understood and knocked the man unconscious. Augustine was caught off guard, and fainted.