Jordan laughed out loud, like actually LOL'D. Every time things would get quiet between the two, Monte would crack a joke to lighten the mood. His favorite joke was revisiting the crush that she had on him back when they were kids.

She liked him so bad that she embarrassed herself in front of him at recess. Looking back at it, she had no clue what she saw in him. Maybe it was the glasses that he wore, maybe it was the fact that he had long hair. Whatever it was, Jordan Barnes quickly grew out of it the second he opened his smart ass mouth.

"Boy, don't nobody want yo' Shea Moisture commercial looking ass!"

"That's not what yo' missing tooth head ass was saying at recess!" He blurted out seconds before the call cut out. An automated voice of a lady spoke and told him to insert another quarter if he wanted to continue his conversation.

"Shit." He mumbled.

"Hello? Monte?" She called out from the other end.

"Yeah, I'm here."

"You good?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm all out of quarters so the call's about to drop."

"Phew." She sighed relievingly. "I thought yo' ass got dropped." She busted out in laughter, once again.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. You know ain't nobody dropping me."

"Uh huh."

"Man, ima see you later. I gotta catch the subway, anyway."

She was about to say something, but he quickly spoke again, already knowing what the dark skinned girl was about to say.

"And yes, I'll let you know how it goes with the De Haans. Just stop worrying, how bad could they really be?"

On the boujee side of town, Camille De Haan stood in the living room with her many assistants, going over the details of the upcoming debutante ball. Many different dresses in many different shades had been displayed in her home. Some might say that the dresses were all the same shade, but anyone with common sense would be able to tell that none of those dresses, which appeared to be white, were actually white.

"No. No." She paused, eyeing the third dress that had been in her vicinity. Her head tilted to the side, bob swiftly moving with it, "Is that Vera Wang? Definitely not." She scoffed and continued her trail down the line of dresses.

A frustrated woman sighed quietly, not wanting Camille to catch her irritated demeanor because knowing Camille De Haan, the problem would quickly be solved with unemployment.

"The guidelines say no ivory, no buff, no pearl. No décolletage, no trains, no excessive lace, no beading. Just stiff duchess satin, organdy, or tulle." Her assistant reiterated.

Mrs. De Haan settled for an eye roll as the shorter woman went on and on about guidelines that she thought were clearly outdated.

"There aren't many choices." The woman added, turning to the few dresses that she could pull for Camille's daughter. These were the only choices that were available and if Camille wasn't already buying Monet's way in, she would say to hell with the guidelines.

On the couch not too far away from the woman of the house, Monet De Haan and Luna La were conversing about the events that happened over winter break. Monet had been preoccupied so she didn't have the time to discuss anything that had absolutely nothing to do with her. Luna on the other hand, had been dealing with her own scuffle with Manhattan's most popular, yet irritable Instagram page.

"Even less with Gossip Girl trying to burn my contacts by telling the world I deal in knockoffs." Luna scoffed to the girl who'd been swiping through photos of her potential comeback dress.