FOUR.

"You ruined it

"You ruined it. Like you ruin everyth–"

Swipe.

"Isn't it nice to share your–"

Swipe.

"You don't get to tell me to do anything anym–"

Swipe.

Girls from that night were screaming and pulling each other's hair, which caused Montero to sigh. He locked his phone and placed it in his lap. "That's enough social media for today," he glanced at Monet who was seated behind the passenger seat.

Monet had been scrolling on her phone, a devious grin residing on her face as she read the different headlines about her and Julien's fight. Unlike Montero, his cousin had been enjoying every second of this moment. She wanted to have a moment that went down in history, and although this wasn't quite what she had in mind, she still made history. The repercussions weren't exactly part of the plan but every war has its casualties.

Monet spent her weekend doing a long list of chores that her mother concocted for her. Montero spent his on facetime with Shan, Zoya and Jordan. They were the only friends that he had and if we're being honest he only stuck with them because of Jordan. Shan was great, the constant digs about his hair not being real was funny... when they were six. Zoya on the other hand seemed pretty cool. With her transferring to Constance a semester ago, Montero definitely felt like she was someone that he could go to when feeling out of place. But how out of place could she possibly be if her sister is a part of the crew that owns the school.

All in all, Montero enjoyed talking to the girls but he could not sit through another conversation about the deb ball. Shan and Jordan found every meme from that night and made sure to send it to their group chat at all hours of the day. It was pure insanity, everywhere he turned someone was either laughing about it, criticizing it, or praying that the next event would be as eventful. If this experience taught him anything, it would be that he needed to gain some male friends, fast. Specifically ones who didn't talk about the same event for an entire weekend.

"Monet! What the fuck? Did you invite my dad? Why would you do that?" he heard julien's voice coming from his cousin's phone. She managed a laugh, rewatching the events on Tik Tok for the 100th time.

"You know, whenever you offered me a ride to school this morning, I thought that we'd actually, I don't know, talk." Montero said.

"And why would you think that?" she asked, eyes still glued to her device.

"Why did you offer?"

"It's called being polite, Monte. You should try it. Besides, I didn't actually think you'd accept the offer. It's not like you did last week."

True. Very true, but last week he got a glimpse of Monet terrorizing others. At the deb ball, he got a glimpse of said terrorizer being terrorized by her own mother, for good reasons of course. Over the weekend the house was radio silent. He'd never seen her so quiet and was honestly surprised that she found herself in better spirits this week.