|| 29 ||

Things are looking up, oh finally! I thought I'd never see the day when you smile at me.

«Looking Up» Paramore

-----

"Okay, you have to actually aim if you want to hit anything!" Michael scolds.

"My method is easier!" I laugh.

"You can't just press random buttons until something explodes!"

"Wait! Where'd you go?! I lost you!"

"I know!" he chuckles. "You've already killed me twice! I'm not gonna stay with you and your flying bullets!"

"But I'm out here alone and I don't know what to do and I think the people are close!" I say, panicked.

"Just hide!"

"But--" I pause when a zombie thing comes around the side of a building. "See! He's gonna kill me!"

"Just shoot him!"

"Shit," I mutter and try to find the right buttons to shoot my gun.

After a few tries, something is thrown out on the screen. It lands off to the side by the same building the thing came from.

"Why isn't something killing him?! I did something, he should die!"

"What did you throw?" he asks, looking distractedly over at my side of the screen when his eyes widen. "No! Why did you do that! That's a bomb and I'm in that building, dammit!"

"Well, run!" I shout helplessly, clueless on what he could expect me to do.

"I'm trying!"

I pay attention to his screen as he tries to run away from the time-bomb as quick as he can. He's muttering to himself about... whatever, just stuff under his breath.

The bomb goes off, and he explodes.

His screen goes black and he looks to me with disbelief.

"What do you expect from me?!" I shriek. "I offered to play FIFA but you insisted you could teach me this stupid shooty-shooty bang-bang game! I warned you!"

"You died once! You killed me three times! How do you even manage to do that?!"

"Press random buttons until something explodes!" I yell exasperatedly. I've told him this so many times. "I'm sorry if you happen to be in the blast zone!"

He stares at me with wide eyes and jaw hanging open loosely. I stay where I am and look back at him, waiting for him to get over it.

"Laundi! Your presence is somewhat wanted at the dinner table!" Jax's voice travels upstairs.

"Be down in a second!" I yell. "Are you gonna stay for dinner?" I ask, turning back to Michael, ignoring his unchanged expression.

He sighs heavily, but mutters out a 'sure' and shakes his head.

"Cool. Michael's here too!" I shout out the door.

"Whatever, just hurry up! We're hungry!"

"You're always hungry! I cannot disrupt my life every time your insatiable stomach decides to cause problems!"

"I will shave your head in your sleep if you are not down here in thirty seconds!"

"Calm your tits!" I let out a sigh and look to Mike. "Let's go."

"Did he call you 'laundry'?" he laughs as we stand up together, heading out an down the hall.

"No. Laundi. The point is for it to sound like laundry because Jax and Hayden have small minds and are easily amused in those sort of things."