Chapter 15

"Congratulations to the top three winners for this years Sports Festival!" All Might declared loudly, smiling that signature smile of his. "They have proven their tenacity and strength, but remember! Though many of you struggled along the way, you are all worthy to be on this path of Pro Heroes! You are the new promising generation of heroes!"

As All Might steered his way to closing his speech with a big finish, up in the stands stood Midoriya. He watched with a smile as he knew the outcome of the speech, spending a lot of time with the #1 hero only made it possible to understand his antics.

"Seriously, all that hype and buildup and he totally bombs it."

He garners a look to his right to see the Space Hero: Thirteen end her sentence with an exasperated sigh and palm smacking her helmet. In those seconds of her contemplating All Mights blunder, he took a quick once over. Though there wasn't much to see physically on the surface, simply based on her movements he could tell that she recovered fine from the USJ incident. Something he was glad to see, he couldn't imagine the pain she had went through and that thought briefly brought down his mood.

Thirteen was someone he had gotten to known just as much as he did with Eraser Head, Present Mic and Midnight. He had become well acquainted with her to such a degree that he would like to call her a close friend. They had bonded over their love for science, though astronomy was more frequent in their conversations, and of course the topics of pro heroes. So when he learned that not only Aizawa was gravely injured but so was Kurose, well let's just say he was worried beyond belief. Even though he was away from Japan at that time, that didn't stop him from calling Kurose and Aizawa so much so that Melissa had to stop him. Even David went and placed his phone on lockdown just to be safe, which he thought was too much but David had mentioned that it was for his own safety too. Whatever that meant, but back to the present.

Seeing her reaction, he chuckled and decided to strike up a conversation.

"He definitely struggles with reading the room sometimes." At his words Thirteen moves her head to him, her arm sliding down at her side.

"Honestly as great as a hero he is, it's surprising to see how clumsy he can be." Seeing the crowd and the teachers around them, start to mingle and walk out of the stadium, the two decided to follow suite. She continued their conversation, "Though it's endearing to know he acts the same way publicly as does with us."

"Hahaha. I couldn't agree more. His confidence and his words are impressive to watch." The two turn at a corner to make their way backstage for the teachers.

At his own commentary Thirteen couldn't help but snort in amusement. "He's not the only one, you did your own impressive show of bravado back there." She motioned her head at the general direction of the field. "Seriously, I forgot how spirited you can be yourself. You're pretty inspiring too, you know."

Quickly understanding at what she was referring to he blushed in embarrassment. "No. That-that was just something I did without thinking. Honestly I'm embarrassed remembering about it." He blushed further at her giggling.

"Man, it's funny to see how even though you are capable to argue with someone like Endeavor," Thirteen placed her downward pointing index fingers over the eyes on her helmet, "you get flustered pretty easily. It's nice to know you haven't changed much since I last saw you. You are one humble, passionate and kind person."

"Well, I can't say that I'm not honored at receiving such praise from you Thirteen," Midoriya answered, "besides you're amazing yourself. I admire your profession as a rescue hero and I respect your conviction to not back down when it gets tough. Even at a high cost to yourself."

Though he didn't say it outright, they both knew at what he was referring to. The USJ incident and her part in it, and the aftermath. And because this Midoriya felt it was right to repay the praises she said to him back to her. He started his famous ramblings, never once faltering as he complimented her throughout their walk. By then they now had made it to the break room, Midorya, without stopping his flattery, opened the door for Thirteen before he followed.