Chapter 6: Tag Along

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Adelheid: That's how we find ourselves in this situation, Lord Miklotov and Lord Bordeaux.

Oh, it's the old people council, I vaguely remember them. That one with the long white beard should be alright, but the one with the bushy blue eyebrows... that one was annoying.

Miklotov: Hmm... well having their 2nd rank in favor of us would certainly prove useful for the peace negotiations with Vollachia.

But as I see the bushy eyebrow guy about to speak up in seeming anger, I hear a... familiar voice? This-!

Vincent: Aiding the Emperor would help in that as well, I'm sure. I like to reward people based on their efforts, so I can assure you that will be done.

Suddenly I shoot up in surprise, what is he doing here?! Weren't the two sides trying to kill each other? Wasn't that was why I was sent out to kill everyone here?

Vincent: Ah, you look confused. Well simply put, it's in all likelihood a coup' d'état, with the intent of seizing the throne from me. But I do hope you are not part of it?

I feel a grin appear on my face, not from the joy of love however. It's my usual glee filled expression of potential murder targets! 

Vincent: Hmm... that's your "Can I kill them?" smile, isn't it? That is enough to prove your loyalty. Well, their intent was to kill me and become the Emperor in my stead, so feel free. 

Raysha: Hehehe... orders received. 

Overall, Vincent has been a rather good boss, so I have no reason to go against him for someone who might try to restrict my killings or be annoying by making me do work I'm not suited for. Which is why it's essential that I keep him on the throne, so I can keep abusing my power to do a bunch of fun things.

With that done they continue a bunch of boring talk, and I've decided to just sit on Addy's lap, as it seems we aren't actually enemies so they won't try anything. This country certainly is unstable and violence filled, not that I mind. A revolution and betrayal a day keeps the boredom away! So as the carriage continues onwards we nearly make it back to the capital, until...

Felix: Nya! We got trouble ahead!

Julius: That's Balleroy Temeglyph! The man we were framed for killing!

As they are surprised and Addy unfortunately but gently pushes me off to make sure the old men don't die of a heart attack or something. I will remember that grudge, Sage Council. But I look up to see Vincent simply giving a prideful smirk as he holds his chin. I look up to him about to ask the question on my mind, but he beats me to it.

Vincent: So I was correct... Balleroy Temeglyph, current 9th ranked Divine General. Your co-worker, as you like to put them. He is behind this as I predicted, and soon he will be the former 9th ranked. Take this as an order, kill him. I have no need for traitors or weaklings in my Empire!

Raysha: Understood! 

I burst the carriage door open with a kick and it goes flying off its hinges. Afterwards I jump out, and turn to look him directly in the eye from the flying dragon he is riding on. He seems to unconsciously back up at that, but regains his composure. It seems he has a few knights with him. Oh well, more to slaughter!

Dashing forwards I slash and cut through the knights like butter, their armor having no effect. Ah! This is fun! Of course I let a few hit me, just to see their faces of despair as their attacks bounce off like nothing, all before I crush them into a bloody paste! Soon enough every single knight is dead, and it's only me and Balleroy left.

Raysha: Don't you want to give up already? I'm sure you know it's hopeless, don't you?

Not that I'll let him live either way, I can just say it's the Emperor's orders. I never actually got to kill any Divine Generals, so this will be a first!