And You Said Hello

After Clara brought Missy the coffee, she drank it way too quickly for her own liking, the thing was it was good. But she wondered how would taste a beverage made by him. And while he was thinking of her. Maybe both could do it...

John had just water while they stayed on the table, leaving Clara to attend the costumers alone. But John didn't care (or it seems) as he was far more interested in keeping the chat with Missy.

-"You didn't answer one of my questions...what are you doing alone here?".

-"Easy to reply. I don't have anyone to come with. Unless you accept dogs".

-"If it's a small dog then yes, and of course, well behavied, we can't have anything dirty here".

-"Don't worry about that, my darling old girl loves getting to know new people".

-"I love meeting new people too. In fact, I'm enchanted to have met you...but I'm not a dog...".

Missy couldn't help but chuckle, this man was insanely adorable and she liked that, but things ran faster on her mind than anyting else. First of all, why is he flirting with her? I mean...the wife/girlfriend/concubin/etc is standing right there a few meters away and the man has the nerve to flirt with a woman that appeared out of the blue? Wrong in so many levels. Oh who is she lying to, she loves this flirting.

Yes of course, Missy loved getting this attention from this man. Also, he's scottish. And we all know people from Scotland have all the right in the world to do whatever they want. She says so as a scottish woman herself.

John looked up at her and smiled again, that was when she noticed his teeth, (why is she looking at his teeth with so much interest?) and the lines around his mouth when he smiled. For Missy, it was the cutest thing about a man she could see. The little details that spoke about good times in the past. She bets John is still having the time of his life.

-"Well, I guess I don't have to ask if you are alone. Clara is such a gorgeous girl, she looks at you in pure devotion...".

His eyes widened and his right eyebrow lifted just as she finished the sentence. She wanted to continue but..Nope. Not a good sign. What was there to hide then?.

-"Clara is gorgeous yes, but we're not together in that way. She is the daughter of a good friend of mine that passed away some months ago. I watched Clara grow up, she's like...like a cool niece to me. She's the one that helped me establish this place. She's very pantient with me and loves this place, but she once told me she wanted to teach. She loves kids because she's still a kid herself. And so, at some point I'll watch her go too...".

Too?.

Oh.

-"But she...she looks at you in admiration and love...and that ring on your hand..."

-"Ah, the ring. Yes. It's a sad story actually and I don't want to bother you with it. And I assure you. There's nothing between me and Clara".

A sad story behind a ring? Was the man left at the altar? Or maybe he is gay and there's a guy somewhere waiting for him? Way to shatter your own dreams Missy...

-"I had three girlfriends during my punk stage of life, but there was one girl that captivated me the most. Or maybe it was the hair. She looked like a lioness and every morning we were late because of how long it took her to tame it. Of course we got married and her parents had a scream to all heavens. Oh the Ponds, such weird family in their own ways."