The Mystery of The Purple Scarf

Air drumming was one of the things that John kept from his band days.

But he played the lead guitar and also lead vocals. Oh.

But as one week has passed quickly in Missy's company (without the third date happening yet) he was growing used to feeling a bit younger now. Remembering those days when he didn't have much to care about but for buying enough gel and cigarretts. Later, much later, life changed for good and he had to worry for buying nappies and small clothes and how to pay a house big enough for them and the pressure of having a scottish mother-in-law.

Yes, he was scottish himself...but do you know how to deal with a scottish mother-in-law?. Nope. Nope. Nope.

But, now recalling the past week in his life, he can say he's proud of himself. Making silly faces and giving Missy free drinks (under Clara's glare though) and being completely bessotted with her now.

He was beyond an innocent crush. He now was in the next stage of the whole process of falling in love and, even if he didn't want to admit it, he wanted this to happen.

Last night he had a skype session with Amelia, his daughter. She was a nice girl. Beyond nice actually. She had taken after the genetics of her mother's family (thank god, he didn't want to imagine a ginger girl with these eyebrows and nose) and being, well, ginger, quite tall and skinny, with a sharp jaw and strong, green eyes, just as her mother's. Amelia was the living copy of her grandmother.

The difficult years had passed now. The years that turned even more hard for both without Melody to look after them. Those years of getting up early in the morning, check on Amelia,send her to school, put the kettle on and picking the newspaper, life going into circles without an ending and begining nor a way out, more stressfull each day that passed and actually...dull days. Dull way to live. Melody would have hated that.

Using new technologies wasn't John's best skill, but needing a way to commuunicate with his daughter, Clara and now Missy.

The skype call went very well if he could say so, Amelia talking excitedly about a tv spot offer she had for girly clothes and how Rory and Amy had "an intense night" even if they were so old. Said night ended with Rory snoring and Amy throwing pillows at him. The Ponds could be over 100 years and they would be the cutest couple he knew. Second one actually, him and Melody were a perfect match as well.

It was time to say goodnight when John had the brilliant idea of bringing Missy into conversation.

-"Amelia...would you be mad if I...if...well you know what I'm trying to say don't you?"

-"Have you found another girl dad?"

-"Yeah...she's called Missy and...and she's pretty and very clever"

-"Is she my age?"

-"Of course not! Missy is at least 7 years younger than me!"

-"Well that's good. I don't want to share my make up or skirts with your new wife!"

-"Amelia! I'm being serious! And stop saying those ridiculous things! I mean...Missy is an adult, she has a job and even if she fits in your dresses, I'm not going to marry her!"