Chapter 11 - Transfigurations

|~------------------------------------------~|

3rd Person POV:

The first day was rather simple for Hadrian. He looked around the castle, found all his classes, and had some food from the Great Hall. Life was already buzzing around Hogwarts as the older students rushed to complete their summer homework and remember their previous schooling, and some decided to 'initiate' the younger students.

*Cough* Fred and George, *Cough*

But eventually, the day of freedom came to an end, and the first lesson wasn't far behind.

|~------------------------------------------~|

It was a rather chilly autumn morning for the school as, despite its abundance of magic, it didn't have any heating charms set up, leaving the inexperienced new wizards(and witches) vulnerable. Of course, this didn't include one Hadrian Peverell.

"No, I will not use a heating charm on you, Zabini," Hadrian grumbled for what seemed to be the millionth time, irritation seeping into his voice as he subtly scooted away from the overzealous boy. 

"Well, why not?" he complained, looking at Hadrian with large wholly ineffective puppy dog eyes.

"We've been over this, I do not have the concentration to use the charm on two at the moment, less you want to be set on fire or depending on how badly it backfires have a hole through your forehead, although that will probably be on purpose."

Despite Hadrian's rather strong response, he actually had been doing rather well with Zabini, becoming something close to associates, although he wouldn't tell anyone that. Much less that Bones girl who despite him only knowing for around two days has been rather desperate to become his friend.

If anyone was close to becoming something even resembling the title it would be Nott, who's quiet nature and intelligent comments had let the boy be closer to Hadrian than any of his roommates.

Especially closer than that Malfoy kid.

Not caring to listen to Zanini's ramblings, Hadrian tuned him out, his gaze landing on the odd tabby cat in front of him. His eyes once again caught onto the rather strange orange aura that seemed to seep out of the cat. 

It was stronger than anyone else in the class that was for sure.

He looked around the classroom trying to see if any of his classmates were looking at the cat but to his surprise, no one seemed to be examining it. In fact, some looked like they wanted to pet the damn thing.

'This can't be something normal for cats in the wizarding world, can it?' he thought, his mind racing once again. 

'Maybe this cat is a familiar, it is rather common at least from what muggles believe about witches and wizards for cats to be their familiars. It was even on the school list then, and we have seen some muggle theories to be true, like ghosts, for example. Although I've never seen a witch with green skin and warts all over their body, and the traditional cat familiar is black-'

His internal ramblings were cut off by the swing of the door, and two rather loud Gryffindors entered. 'The redhead,' Hadrian recalled, his mind going back to the train incident. He couldn't remember the name of the student beside him but he was sure it wasn't relevant.

"Whew, made it!" Redhead exclaimed, sickeningly sweet relief washing over his face. "Can you imagine the look on old Mc. Gonogall's face if we were late?!"

His friend nodded, letting out a victorious smile. 

Before the smile could get any wider, however, the 'tabby cat' transformed in front of the student's very eyes, making a few sleepy students widen their eyes and give the woman it turned into their full attention.