Chapter 3 - Happy Birthday

|~------------------------------------------~|

Later that day, I hauled the trunk down from the attic.

For days I would just think about the letter, and the stroke of luck I seemed to have.

Every night I would practice some magic.

Now I wasn't very good at it, but I was trying.

I also started making a plan.

I had to get to this Diagon Alley, but to do that, I had to get away from the Dursleys.

The plan was to get away before sunrise.

I was smart enough to know that leaving at midnight wouldn't be too good for me, as it was obviously dangerous for a 10-year-old kid to be walking around at midnight.

Why yes, I am an easy target to be raped and abducted. Thank you for noticing! 

And so, the plan was made.

Find my way to this 'Diagon Alley' by summoning the Knight Bus with my stick, then get to 'Gringotts' and talk to Rielk.

|~------------------------------------------~|

3:26 AM July 29th, 1991
Location: Number 4 Privet Drive

I smiled in glee, all set to leave. I unlocked the door to my cupboard and the house. The 'muggle' way, may I add. I still couldn't perform Alohomora or much magic at all for that matter.

I looked a bit silly, what in an oversized black robe and with a large trunk.

I even had a stick in my hand.

Once I got outside I reassured myself I had everything, I needed.

I raised my stick to the sky and waited.

It took a few second but it eventually came flying down in front of me, looking as though it was glistening.

I already knew that magic was real.

But it was still...surprising.

Walking in, I paid 11 of the silver coin. Then I paid another 15 as I bought a toothbrush.

What can I say, I value hygiene!

The ride wasn't too long, but it wasn't too comfortable either.

Maybe the thing needed repairs?

I left the bus a little dizzy, forgetting to talk to the driver about my parents.

Oh well, maybe I'd have another experience.

I got to Diagon Alley and almost fainted from shock.

It was...large.

It's more of a city than an alley.

I ran to the building which I believed to be Gringotts, determined not to touch anyone.

I made my way to the large building and sucked in a breath.

Good God, what is this?

I walked in, instantly assaulted with loud noises and people EVERYWHERE.

Where the fuck is Rielk?

I walked up to a counter, avoiding a drunkard nearby who was cooking up trouble.

"May I help you?" A Goblin asked, sounding as if he was depressed.

"Do you know where Rielk is?" I asked.

"He's busy sod off." The goblin said, slightly pissing me off.