Chapter 2 - Attic

|~------------------------------------------~|

I waited until nightfall to sneak into the attic, as the Dursleys wouldn't allow me anywhere near their room. 

I knew that what I was doing was risky, stupid, and borderline insane, but when had that ever stopped me from doing something?

As silently as I could, I snuck into the Dursley's room, staying low on the floor.

I thought the Dursleys were sleeping.

They weren't.

So what were they doing?

They were...doing the nasty.

That day will haunt me for the rest of my life and more.

I barely held in a wince as I watched them get on with each other.

I tore my eyes away from the erotic sight and got the hell away, rushing into the closet.

Above the closet was the entrance to the attic.

I quietly let down the ladder and climbed up making my way into the attic.

It was fairly dark there, but there was enough moonlight to see.

My main concern was the dust.

It...was everywhere.

Everywhere I looked, everywhere I turned, every single inch of the place was covered in dust.

I winced, closing my eyes.

I felt so itchy.

Letting out a shaky breath, I steeled my nerves.

I got to the floor and opened the boxes looking for...well, I didn't really know what I was looking for.

But I was sure I'd know when I found it.

There were boxes upon boxes of items, some contained Dudely's old clothes, some had Dudley's broken toys, and one even had Dudley's first crib. Basically, everything in here once belonged to Dudley.

But there was this trunk. It was gold and black, lined with some obviously expensive material.

Unable to contain my curiosity I walked over to it.

Unlike the rest of the attic, the area surrounding the trunk was extremely clean, with not a speck of dirt.

Had the Dursleys been keeping it clean?

I reached out for the trunk, my hand barely touching it before it clicked open.

I let out a small gasp and opened the trunk revealing an arrangement of different items.

But, of course, there's another letter for me to read.

It read:

Dear our beloved Harry,

We wanted to spend more time with you, we really did, but it seems as though that's not possible.

We leave to you our manor, money, and of course, everything in this trunk.

You're supposed to get this around the time you go to Hogwarts and you need to read this before you go to Diagon Alley.

The family Goblin, Rielk will take care of everything for you.

He'll make sure the vault is fine.

Though, Mooney will be the one handling the stuff you access for a bit.

Sirus, or possibly Mooney, are probably taking care of you right now.

Listen to them well okay?

Also, make sure to take the Night Bus, Ernie might seem like a real tough guy but he's kind of a softie.

Don't tell him I said that. 

You have very powerful magic Harry.

We've known since the day you were born.

You'll be a great wizard, no matter what path you choose.

-Mum and Dad

Goblins? Wizard? Magic? Great, my parents were crazy.

But then my mind thought back to the letter from before and it grudgingly began to make sense.

"But magic can't exist," I muttered to myself.

Also, who are Sirius and Mooney? Maybe Sirius is Vernon? He's always been rather serious, but I doubt anyone would give him such a nickname.

I groaned and started doing the weird finger thing I always did when I was thinking, or nervous.

My thumb touched my pinky, then my ring finger, then my middle finger, then my index finger, then my thumb.

This continued a few times before I stopped, bringing myself back to reality. 

I put the letter aside and instead looked at the rest of the trunk.

There were some books, some cards, some powder, a rolled-up parchment, some quills and ink, and a nicely carved wooden stick. Of course there were also some odd coins.

But there was also this cloak. Pure black.

My fingers grazed it, and a small smile appeared on my face.

"My first actual piece of clothing" I whispered in awe.

I continued staring at it for it, but eventually I looked away, moving on.

The cards had some weird symbols on them and were not like the average deck.

Maybe they were for fortune-telling?

I refused to touch the powder, slightly afraid it was some sort of drug or poison.

The quills and the ink were hardy worth examining.

Sighing, I looked at the books, picking one up on 'magic spells'.

I read the instructions on some 'charm' called Bombarda which would create an explosion.

I doubted it would work, but nevertheless, I picked up my 'magic wand', or the stick that was provided in the trunk, and I said the 'magic words.'

"Bombarda," I chanted, feeling stupider by the second.

Suddenly, to my immense surprise, a small explosion occurred in the place I pointed my stic- *cough* wand at.

My eyes widened, a sight one would rarely get to see from me.

"No bloody way," I whispered, barely believing my eyes.

I cast the spell again, and again until I was panting on my knees.

"It's real,"

I could barely contain my glee, and a rather terrifying smile formed on my face.

"I'm a wizard."