•ch 1• Airport •

I get dropped off at the airport,my grandmother and I walk up to the gates to get checked in. "Abuela, why can't I just stay with you?" I turn to look at her, clearly seeing tears in her eyes. "Y/N, your father gained custody. And you need to spend time with him." she pauses for a second."Im getting old, and you have spent plenty of time with me. I miss you so much cariño."

And with that, she gives me a big hug. Since my mother passed away a few days ago,I've had to go to therapy, and i've had to move to my fathers... All the way in Russia. We haven't had contact since the divorce had stripped him of almost everything. He spent most of his time working to get everything back, and now, since dad is back on his feet, he can now take care of me.

"It's almost time for you to leave. I'll miss you. I'll call every now and then, okay, preciosa?" I nod my head and head to some seats to wait for the plane. Just sitting there for hours was something I didn't want to do. Being bored and doing nothing would lead to overthinking, and right now, I didn't want to think, especially right now. So I grab my sketch book and start drawing.

I grab my pencil and just start drawing. After a few minutes, it starts looking better. "Nice drawing," a stranger says, I stay quiet to anxious to reply. "Sorry, I just like art!" I look at him, a tall man with brown hair, grey eyes, and a missing tooth. I smile and nod and get back to my drawing. He sits, and we just have conversation for an hour before he leaves again. "Hm, I didn't even ask his name." After another few minutes, I stopped and look at it again. The forest, it didn't look like any of the forest i've been to before. It was something I've never seen before.

"Passengers boarding 117 airlines, please start boarding at the gate"

I stood up and started to head over with my ticket, again seeing the stranger heading to the same gate as me. "Hey , stranger." I spoke, not really knowing why. "Are you on 117, too?" He looks down at me, he sure was tall, and he smiles, lifting up his ticket."Sure am!" I look at his ticket."Seat 4a? Im seat 5a we sit together!" At least I know who im sitting with before I get on the plane."My name is Ches, what's yours?" I awkwardly smile and fidget with the bottom of my shirt."Im Y/N! Im glad I don't have to sit with a total stranger." We walk inside the plane, ches infront of me. "Looks like this is us!" He flashes a smile, I look up to open cargo hold. I tried to put my bookbag in it but I couldn't reach it. Embarrassed by not being able to reach it, I tried jumping and going on my tippy toes to get my bag in. My hands start sweating as people get inpatient. "Here, let me help you." Ches stands up and grabs my bag for me, his bigger body brushed against my short, small figure. He smelt like cigarettes and well worn denim, faint but noticable, "And there, ya go!" he shoved my bag in and gave me a thumbs up. I give him a smile as we both sat down, my face starts turning red, starting from my cheeks spreading through my face.

'𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟'

The poor girl was shaking. She was probably nervous to be on the plane. "So, is this your first time on a plane?" probably not a good question to ask, but maybe it'll calm her down?

"Actually, it's my second time, Im going to go live with my father. Are you just visiting Russia? "

"Oh I was just in America touring and such, I actually live in Russia!"

After a while she seemed to calm down, I didn't even notice we already took flight.

*𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞! *

After an hour of conversation with ches, I could tell he was about to go to sleep. I plug in my headphones and start to doze of myself, it was going to be a long ride ..

A few minutes pass, I could feel the terbalatian, it woke me up. I stood up to head to the bathroom, I realize that all the seats are empty, and the plane was dark. Time stood still, while walking back to my seat I realize even Ches isn't there.

"Plane landing in thirty minutes. Please stay seated. "

I shut my eyes hoping that it's just a bad dream, but even after the thirty minutes it seemed to be true. "Hello! Ches!?"

The plane landed and the doors opened by themselves, I ran straight out. In the airport it was empty and all I could see was shadows. It was foggy but somehow I was able to find the exit, I walk right out and see... A forest? "How- what? What the fuck! "

Walking through the forest it seems to be never ending, no matter which way I turn I still end up at the same spot. Standing still I recognize something.. It's the tree in my drawing, the one with the mark "a heart, a slash.." And just in that moment the ground was shaking, not letting me finish my thought.

"Y/N! Wake up now we landed already!" ches's voice seeps through my headphones, as I shot up from my seat I while my eyes from crust "How long- Can you help me grab my bag?"

Ches and I get out our row as soon as we saw the chance to. "Your father is already here right?" Ches asked
"Probably not, last ive heard about him is how he works a lot. He might come a bit late."
"Well, my friends picking me up are going to be late too. Would you like if I stayed wait with you? Just to keep you company. "
I nod agreeing, even though it's a bit weird for an adult, that you barely even know, to be watching over a child. He didn't seem like a pedophile so I guess it would be ok.

After getting my luggage and waiting in the waiting area for about an hour, I really got to know Ches. He owns a music shop, he was telling me all about his youth, and how he used to be in a band.

"Y/N? Sweetie is that you?" A deep strong voice calls out from the crowd. I stand up from the seat and look around, to see who it came from. A tall, mid sized, tan, black haired man walks up.

"Do- Do you remember me?" He squats down to be eye level with me, he was quite large. "Papi?" He nods. I grab my bags and then to Ches "Thank you for staying with me."

"I didn't know Valentin was your father! He lives a couple blocks down from my friend Glam."

I didn't know what to say so I just smile, dad soon rushes me out. As we walk out I see a tall, slim, and quite stylish fellow. I see him walking towards Ches.

In the car it was silent, I start plugging in my headphones when dad starts talking to me "He didn't do anything to you did he?" He speaks to me softly "No! God he was just staying with me while we waited for each others rides."
"It's kinda weird for a strange adult to be
accompanying a fifteen year old."
In hindsight he was right, but he was just a chill guy. "Did he just come up and sit with you?"

"Dad he complemented my drawing and said he likes art. All we were doing was talking about art, I'm fine!"

"Sorry love, I just don't like him. Weird ass hippy.." Father says under his breath

"Don't start dad, try and be kinder." I say with a bit of attitude. I could see my dads eye start to gloom...