He reaches out and grabs my hand, pulling me forward. I squeak as he yanks me over his lap, I try to get off of him but he keeps his hand firmly against my back, holding me in place.

"I want you to count, okay?" He says softly, his voice not matching his demeanor at all.

"What are you-?" I don't even get the chance to question him before his hand raises tall in the air and, almost in slow motion, fell down harshly on my ass. A scream protrudes from my lungs and tears trickle down my cheeks as I hold in a loud sob.

"I said." He pauses, his voice seeming to deepen darkly. "Count. Them."

His hand falls again, the smack hurting twice as much and the slap sound rings in my ears.

"O..one.." I whisper, he rubs gently where he previously smacked, then goes for another.

The time only seems to blend in together, the pain mixing in with tears and poorly hidden sobs. Eventually, by the time my voice is raw from me screaming and yelling, we hit 10 and he stands me up.

My legs are shaky, even more so with all my weight on them.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to go get some cream that'll help, okay?" He mumbles, rubbing his hand over my head, and starts to turn away. Taking the moment, I breathe, and take off past him and back towards where my bedroom. The door slams shut behind me and I rush into the bathroom, locking the door quickly behind me.

Not being able to hold it in anymore, sobs begin to rack my body. I drop softly to my knees and crawl over to the rug on the floor, curling up into a ball.

I hear the bedroom door squeak slowly open and I hold in my sobs as well as I can, though quickly not being able to control it except for making it a little quieter.

Soon enough, the exhaustion of today catches up to me. Black slowly seeps into the edges of my vision and dreams roll into my head.

Ace

Sitting and waiting can be boring, especially when it's on the floor against a door. It's even worse when I can hear her quiet, little sobs and whimpers on the other side.

She knows I'm here, she's known since I came in, her noises quieted down as soon as she could hear the bedroom door open. It doesn't take long, though, for her sniffles to turn into snores.

"Sir?" A voice says, I open my eyes to see that it's Noah, looking into the opened food questioningly. His eyebrows are furrowed in worry, his voice always stays so gentle.

"It's alright," I say. "She fell asleep in there after she got into some trouble."

"Are you going to get her out?" He questions, looking me up and down.

"Yeah, I was just waiting for her to fall asleep, I didn't want to just break in while she's awake and make her even more upset. But her butt does need some cream, she was covered but I definitely didn't go too easy," I tell Noah as I stand and head to my office. I hear his footsteps pattering softly against the ground behind me.

"She just completely locked herself in there?" He asks, leaning against the door frame as I go to my desk and search for the key.

"Yeah, I guess it's the only real safe place she's found so far," I sigh. I'm upset that I'm having to do this, especially since it's the only place she's found, but she can't lock herself in the bathroom. I need her to know that she's safe and doesn't need to run from me; she just needs to be a good girl.

It's really simple.

"Finally," I mumble, grabbing the keyring from the bottom drawer of my desk.

"Find it?" He asks, looking up at me.

"Yeah, thankfully," I mumble, walking past him, down the hallway, and into her room again.

"Is something wrong?" He mumbles before following me in, his eyes sparkling.

"I'm just upset that I took it that far, I know I could've chosen not to but.." I trail off, thinking.

"She wouldn't have gotten the message had you not, she's redheaded AND Italian, you know how that is," He chuckles, trying to make me feel better.

"You have a point, but that doesn't fix everything, you know?" I sigh, sticking the key into the knob and opening the door. "Too bad she didn't stand a chance with the bathroom lock, though."

Noah laughs quietly as I take the asleep girl into my arms. I carry her to my room, trying to be gentle and not hurt her in any way. Noah rushes in front of me and holds the door open for me, pulling it open even more when it almost hits Constance's hand.

He stands, waiting, as I take her over to my bed and gently set her down, placing a blanket on top of her.

He opens his mouth to say something, but I shush him before he starts. Smiling, I move a piece of hair out of her eyes.

"You can take the rest of the night off," I whisper, coming closer to him so he can hear me clearly. "Just let Chef Cherry know to make pancakes for breakfast, 10 AM."

He nods respectfully and shuts the door behind him quietly.

It's only 9:30, but this little girl is making me awfully tired.

----

Constance

The smell of cologne slowly pulls me away from my dreams, I don't want to get up. I blink away the blurriness in my eyes, though the room is incredibly dark, and try to push myself up into a sitting position.

Something heavy, a little warm too, rests on my lower stomach, pinning me to the bed.

My eyes widen, I'm not home. I'm not in bed.

I'm with the weird man from yesterday!

With small movements, so as to not wake him, I push his arm off. Sliding down to the end of the bed, I make my way to the floor, but only to land on my very sore toosh. A whimper escapes from my tight lips and tears fill my eyes.

Though, they quickly disappear as I hear noises from the bed I just woke up from. The man, Ace, sits up and looks over at the floor where I am, having to lean forward quite a bit.

His eyes flick up to mine, holding them there, almost like a war between the two of us for who would look away first.

Panic seeps into my bones, my eyes widening the longer he stares.

What if he raped me in my sleep???

A small voice in the back of my head tells me I'm wrong, but it's still a perfectly normal worry to have.

A small smile forms on his face, almost like he knows what I'm thinking and is laughing at me for it. I don't give him the chance to surprise me and grab me again; I push myself away with my legs and hands.

I just want out of here!

Looking around desperately, while trying to make sure he doesn't come closer, I search for an exit. The only possible one that probably wouldn't kill me is the door. My eyes flicker between Ace and the door; he, of course not being an idiot, notices.

He leans and places his body in front of my sight of the door and I sigh.

"Why? Why am I here?"