Chapter 9: Operation Humanity Sentinel

Začít od začátku

The general looks at the piece of paper and looks out to his troops. It's bad to charge head-first into the unknown. But the Japanese just issue a challenge to him. A challenge he can't turn down for his honor will be tainted if he did not respond. And his troops will disrespect him if they are not ordered to battle. The yells and jeers from the outside are deafening. He has made up his mind.

"Very well. Gentlemen, ready the troop! We shall sally forth from our camp and teach them a lesson!" – General Pandour

Gim Tactical Control Room

"Sir, the Lourian Army is moving out of their camp. They are moving forward to the front line. It looks like they have... cannons with them sir, they look like those field guns from the Napoleonic era." – Control Officer

Every movement of the Lourian is being monitored 24/7 by the high-definition camera carried by Japan's surveillance satellite constellation above. Even the arrival of reinforcement and the departure of 2 horse riders from Los Palmas were watched closely, reported, and sent to intelligence.

"Is that so? I have hoped that there won't be bloodshed, but fine, suit themselves. Order the 31st to prepare a barrage with their artillery, and the 13th to be ready for sortieing with the 31st tanks. Oh, and tell admiral Kodai that the mission is a go." – LtGen. Tuan

"Roger!" – Control Officer

Outside, Artillery Encampment of the 31st Division

"Ready up! Neutralization Fire mission authorized! Get the tanks ready! We'll go out ten minutes before the artillery fire their first shot! Sync the time at once!" – Maj. Eugen

"Roger!"

The large heavy artillery and MLRS of the 31st division pointed toward the Lourian army's location. All the 203mm heavy and 155mm medium artillery units have been configured to fire high explosive shells with fuse and GPS guidance. The fuses are set to explode just above the ground to maximize the damage. Another feature that will be put to good use is the Multiple Round Simultaneous Impacts, creating a large explosion by sending all shells (3-5 shells depending on caliber) fired in a short interval with timing so that all of them arrive at the target location at once. The GMLRSs on the other hand are configured to use the 155mm and some 406mm carrying explosive submunition and anti-personnel metal darts like the Antares GMLRS. All of them are set to fire at once.

Looking around, Major Eugen, the commander of the Garmillas division stood proudly on his tank. The Cynisca twin cannons tank is one of the most renowned types of MBT in the galaxy. Its treads have traveled everywhere that Garmillas has seen, and its cannon has pierced through countless enemies of the empire. And now, Eugen's tank and he serve as Japanese to defend Japan and humanity.

Cynisca MBT

Cynisca MBT

The introduction of the Cynisca MBT also leads the UN to introduce the Type 76 MBT through the technological exchange program after the war. The Cynisca in the 31st division is retrofitted with the twin 140mm shock cannons, similar to the shock cannon of the JCN. This enables it to fire both energy and physical shell.