CHAPTER 82

Rylie still felt like her brain was in a fog as she looked outside of the classroom she was in.

The last conversation she had with Aly also kept on repeating on her mind. It's like they didn't really part ways in a bad way, but not really in a good way either. Aly didn't say anything to what she said after and took off before she could say anything.

She suddenly remembered how her mother and grandmother cried when they saw her emerge from the woods.

After that, Aly took off without saying anything. Rylie looked at the house she grew up in. The summer she was missing all over the place. It looked like her mother and grandmother were learning to live by themselves.

There were vegetables growing on the sides of the house and it seemed so self-sufficient.

She slowly walked towards the house when her mother came into view with a sprinkler in her hands. Rylie's tears came running down her cheeks, then a gasp escaped her lips and a sob. She missed them so much. Now that she was home she couldn't help the nostalgia that made it's way to her heart.

Her mother must have heard her and turned around her way.

"Rylie! Oh my God!" Her mother put the sprinkler on the side and immediately ran towards her. "Mom! Rylie's here!"

Her grandmother heard her mom call and rushed outside too. They all hugged her tightly and as they embraced tears began running on her face. So is her mother and grandmother's faces.

Her mother and grandmother asked her for stories and she told them everything except that part where her father became the villain of the story. She just can't bring herself to say it to them.

Maybe it's for the best that they knew her father as a kind and loving man rather than what he ended himself as.

But the more pressing matter for her was her classmates staring at her like she was new. Rylie looked around, and she saw the look her classmates gave her. They are gawking at her and checking her out.

She looked at the clothes she was wearing, and she was still dressed as she used to in the past. Maybe because now she looks like a hot nerd? But is there a change?

"What did you do to your skin to make it glow like that?"

One of her classmates, a blond woman and one of the popular ones, tapped her on the shoulder. She had a pimple on her forehead and was pointing at it.

"I have had this pimple for almost a week now, and you don't have any breakouts?"

Rylie furrowed her eyebrow. Did she really have glowing skin?

"You look like a model right now, despite the nerdy outfit you have on."

Rylie winced. "I-I don't know. Maybe I am already past my puberty?"

All the other students hearing that winced and rolled their eyes. Just like that, she was back to being a nerd in school. Being a werewolf has its perks, but she was easy to annoy. The first time she steps inside the campus after such a long time. Everyone was testing Rylie's patience. Thankfully, she could take control of her raging wolf and Lobo form.

It took an ounce of patience in her to just snap the way Kirsten rolled her eyes at her.

Rylie's ear perked up when she heard a conversation from the end of their podium. She craned her neck and saw two girls discreetly talking with each other.

"You know before the summer ends? Someone was missing from our class. Then that incident repeated itself. Other students are talking about their classmates missing right now. They think that Agatha was kidnapped and killed---"

Just then, the girl they were talking about strolled inside the classroom they were in, just like Rylie. Agatha was glowing and looked like she had come out of a modelling stint.

Rylie remembered Agatha because she was also a bit of a nerd. But now Agatha looked like she had also hit puberty.

Someone whistled low, and the two girls talking about Agatha made a hushed whisper.

"Shit. She's like Rylie, but a hotter version."

"Is it a dress? She doesn't look like she's a nerd right now."

Rylie rolled her eyes. Alright. She doesn't need to change herself to accommodate other people inside her university. The only thing she was concerned about was that there were missing people before the semester started.

Is it still connected with the Were-witch incident?

Rylie looked towards her left side when she felt someone sitting next to her. Oh...that's why all the other students are looking her way.

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Agatha had a piercing look when Rylie met those brown ones.

"Can I sit here?"

"Y-Yeah, sure."

Rylie didn't look back and focused her eyes on the lecture as soon as the professor came in. But she could feel Agatha's eyes on her.

What's her problem?

Why is Agatha looking at her like she was being studied?

So when the lecture ended, Rylie immediately got up and took her notes with her. Agatha also stood up, and Rylie's eyebrow furrowed when she saw Agatha walking by her side.

"Hey. Hi Ry. I thought I'd say hi. You glowed up." Agatha smiled, and Rylie couldn't help but stop walking and face her.

"U-Uhmmm... Agatha. Is it true that you were kidnapped and....well... hmm.." Rylie didn't know how to proceed with her question, but she can already feel the tension about what she asked.

Agatha sighed. "No. It's not true. I just took a vacation to my Aunt's farm and, well, my mother has Alzheimer's, so she probably didn't recall that she was the one who dropped me off at my Aunt's,"

Rylie's mouth formed an 'O'. For a moment, she thought that Agatha was a were-witch. Maybe she was overthinking too much. Why would the were-witch convert students from this university?

"Listen. Ry, now that I have changed myself. I want to say that I... I like you."

After saying that, Agatha bowed her head down.

Her wolf growled, and Rylie wetted her lips. What should she say? Agatha is one of the few people who are kind to her, but she was already mated to Aly, and besides, she doesn't see Agatha that way.

She bit her lip. What should she say? "A-Agatha. Let me think about it, OK?"

Agatha nodded her head without looking at her. Then, before Rylie could say anything, Agatha walked in the other direction.

Rylie sighed. This is why she doesn't want to be popular even though she has the means to do it. Being anonymous and not popular gave her a space to do what she wanted. Despite what her mother thinks, Rylie thinks there are more important things in life than popularity or making friends.

She was about to go to where her next class was when she heard a piercing scream. Rylie ran towards the commotion, and she was horrified to see students gathering in a body outside of the whole building. In the field is another student missing from what she gathered from earlier and is now lying in a pool of blood with his neck torn open.

Rylie closed her eyes tightly. What is happening?

"Can a dog or a wolf do that?"

She heard a murmur from the other students.

"Oh my God... I can feel his pain with that neck torn open like that."

Just then, a blur in the woods caught her attention. Rylie narrowed her eyes and looked at it. But as soon as the blur disappears, another stench from deep within the woods is smelled by her werewolf senses.

She looked around and knew right then and there that she had to do it at night or she would risk suspicion from other people.

'Alpha Gab? There's an emergency at our university. Missing people and students are turning up dead inside the university.'

Rylie closed her eyes tightly. She hoped that despite the distance. The rest of the pack will be able to hear her mind link.