Chapter 2: Before-Part 1

~Six years ago~

"Get out of my house, you d-damned tramp!"

I cower away from my father, crying and cradling my cheek where he had just punched me, my mouth beginning to bleed. Mother isn't home right now; she's at work. That's when Father treats me like this. When Mother is home, we're all like those perfect families you see on TV, and it disgusts me.

"GO!" He screams, the booze from his breath making me want to gag. "You think you c-can have a little bastard b-boyfriend at school, huh?! Without even t-talking to me about it?! I've t-told you that you are mine, and mine alone! But I s-saw you fucking kiss that mutt! I will n-not house a little slut like you!" He pauses, the roar from his voice finally dying out for the moment as he sags against the wall, only a couple feet from where I am on the floor. "I want you gone before your Mother gets home. I'll tell her.... I'll tell her you ran away. That you hated it here and you finally ran away."

I stare, dumbfounded, at him. He's never told me to actually leave before. He's always threatened to beat me, to tie me down and do awful things to me (like he hasn't already done that?), and he's threatened to throw me out, but he's never actually said it like this. He looks at me.

"Did you not hear me, you slut?" He gets up and towers over me, his eyes so hateful. "I said for you to get out of my house! Go!" He grabs me from under my arm and yanks me up onto my toes. "Let's go!"

He drags me out of my room and out the front door. He throws me down on the ground, and I watch as he just simply turns around and walks back inside, shutting and locking the door behind him. I jump up and throw myself at the door, trying to open it.

"Please! Let me in! I'm sorry! I'll be a good girl! Daddy....!" I'm banging on the door, kicking the door, screaming, crying. But it's no use. He's thrown me out. I'm homeless now. I wipe away my tears, straighten my shoulders, and walk away from what use to be my home.

*****

Hey everybody! I hope you're enjoying my story so far. Thanks for reading this far.