***Bonus chapter*** Speechless

The song for this chapter is actually relevant, btw

Mikayla's POV

I heard a steady beeping.

I groaned and sat up, rubbing my head. I was sitting in a bed that looked a hell of a lot like the ones in the medical tent from season one.

"What the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-orks..." I said, stopping myself from swearing.

"You passed out during the last challenge" someone said.

I glanced up and saw Scarlett from the last season.

"Huh?" was all I could manage.

"Chris employed me to give medical attention to those who need it this season." she said "And feel free to swear. I don't give a fuck."

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"About ten hours" she said, before handing me some pills and a glass of water "Take these."

I swallowed the pills before drinking about half of the glass.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem. I'm going to get Chris to tell him you've awoken" she said, before leaving.

Chris returned about two minutes later.

"Oh good. You're awake" he said "Anyway, some psycho lady and a weird little girl called threatening to sue."

"Miss Ariana and Rosa..." I realized.

"Yeah, whatever. Anyway, the lawyers said you can either quit the show and go home, or stay in the game and have immunity at the next elimination your team faces. It's up to you." Chris shrugged.

I thought about it.

Do I go home, and have no shot at all at winning money for the orphanage, or stay here and risk my life for a one in seven chance of winning it..? Quoting my fave sea witch, life's full of tough choices, isn't it?

An idea popped into my mind.

"I'll stay and won't sue, on one condition" I said slowly.

"Yeah, what is it?" Chris asked.

I smirked "If I go home or make it to the finale and lose, you owe me a thousand dollars." I said.

"What the heck?! How is that fair?!" Chris exclaimed.

"Either you can take my deal, or you'll risk losing a lot more than a thousand bucks to a lawsuit." I smirked.

Chris looked like he wanted to punch me.

"Ugh. FINE!" he said in annoyance.

"Pleasure doing business with you" I smirked

It's not like me to negotiate with people, but if the last challenge taught me anything, it's that this game is even more dangerous than I first thought, and I need to find ways to confrim getting money.

~~~Next morning (It's a free day, btw)

I walked into the dining hall.

"Hello." I said, announcing my presence.

Everyone turned.

"Mick!"

"Kay!"

"Mikayla!"

"Paper girl!"

Zoe ran over and hugged me.

"So glad you're ok" she smiled.