Chapter 69

Jennie

"I'm so glad that you're okay." I said, while helping her out of her wet shirt. She changed into some dry clothes that were available in the master bedroom on the upper deck.

"Were you in on this, too? Drowning me?" She asked me, her brown eyes shining with betrayal and suspicion. It hurt to see that she would think I was capable of doing this to her.

"Of course not."

"I told you that I didn't want to be on the boat, but you insisted, and I trusted you." She said, "You had this planned with Bambam!"

"I swear, I didn't know what he was about to do. Lisa... baby..." I started touching her head when she slapped my hand away.

"I don't want you anywhere near my sight right now. Leave me alone!"

"Alright." I said, deciding to give her some space. She would definitely talk to me again tomorrow morning. Truthfully, if the roles were reversed and if my spouse had tried to drown me with my sibling, I'd be pissed too, so I couldn't blame her.

I went back outside, where Bambam had changed into a pair of clean clothes. He looked at me regretfully before staring out into the dark.

"I owe you an apology." He whispered. "I really thought that it would work and I don't know why I assumed that if we recreated that day, she would remember. I thought that if she drowned again...

"Again!? You mean she drowned before!?"

Bambam nodded. "We thought she was dead. No one could find her body, so a few days later we were having a funeral for Lisa. Arrangements were made, people had gathered, mostly distant relatives who never called her when she was alive. The reverend gave his speech and then Nichkhun went onto the podium to give his eulogy for Lisa. He'd made it to the middle part of it. I remember sitting in the front row, feeling numb to everything, wishing that I could run away, and then the doors burst open..." He continued, "Lisa was standing right there, dressed in some old borrowed clothes. There were shrieks and confused mummers as everyone saw Lisa walking into her own funeral. It felt like a ghost, to be honest."

He smiled at the memory. "Best fucking day of my life. The irony of it, though. Until she walked into the funeral home, I wished I'd died with her."

"How did she survive?"

"Lisa was a gold medallist swimmer in school. She could hold her breath underwater for a long time and she'd won national competitions so when she drowned that day, she survived somehow. I'm guessing that it has got to do with her swimmer instincts. She told us that she woke up in a fisherman's boat surrounded by strangers who looked worried about her. She said she remembered nothing else."

"I'm beyond pissed with you, Bambam. She could have died just now. You pushed her too hard."

"Her memories are suppressed. We needed to do something to bring her back. Otherwise, we will all end up dead, sooner or later. Do you want that to happen to all of us!?"

"That's enough. I won't tolerate this again and I won't let you jeopardise Lisa's life. I don't care if she gets her memories back or not. Do you understand what I'm saying!?"

Bambam nodded. "I understand. It was a mistake and I'm very sorry about it."