Chapter 60

Jennie

I wish I had the power to stop whatever that was happening. I wish that I could just take Lisa away from all of this.

"Lisa has signed the papers too. She wants you to do it." Nichkhun said.

Lisa was being manipulated. She didn't know what she was doing. If Lisa hadn't lost her memories, I don't think that she would have approved of what Nichkhun had done, by putting me in the co-chairperson's seat.

Heck, I don't think she would have even agreed to marry a nobody like me.

I briefly spoke with Lisa's old secretary, a nice young lady named Kaia, who was sweet and welcoming. At the back of my mind, I wondered if Lisa ever had a fling with her. She was cute enough that I would have to worry, but I let the thought go. If she ever had something with Kaia, it was in the past. Lisa wasn't the same person anymore.

Kaia talked a lot about Lisa, and how she would take her out on lunches if they were stuck in a long outdoor meeting. She said that Lisa was a caring boss. I tried to look for some hidden meaning but couldn't find one.

Mentally, I kicked myself for being so jealous.

I needed a new strategy get Lisa to remember her past. The chances of the boating accident re-creation working were unlikely, even though Bambam was quite adamant about us trying it.

Lisa was playing late-night arcade games with Bambam and Lucas in the gaming room on the fourth floor. It was Bambam's idea to keep her busy while I read some of the family journal.

I sat down on the chaise and opened it from where I'd left off.