9 - ur not gonna tell me im pretty too?

izzy walked through the tall grass, feeling the grass tickle her legs. she was taking the familiar path to lindsey summer house. it was a walk she knew all too well, having memorized it by the time she was 6. it was the early hours of the afternoon, meaning that she had just woken up and was now making the walk in her pjs.

she let herself in through the back door and made her way to lindsey's room. when she got there she just threw the door open, not even bothering to knock. lindsey's head snapped up from her phone, but once she saw that it was just izzy she went back to her phone.

the blonde practically jumped into lindsey's bed, getting under the covers like it was her own. her best friends didn't even question it, she just moved so that izzy could plug her phone in.

"do you have an twisted teas left?" izzy asked.

lindsey nodded silently, handing her the half full can.

"do you think that this is concerning?" she asked.

"like the casual day drinking?" izzy nodded, "yeah but you're you so..."

"yea i mean we're just silly little teenage girls so we're doing it in a lana del rey kind of way" she stated.

lindsey narrowed her eyes, "why are you actually so annoying?"

they both burst into giggles, "shut up it's funny to me" izzy defended.

lindsey sighed, "everything is funny to you."

"i know i'm such a giggler," she laughed, lindsey just rolled her eyes but couldn't help letting out a giggle herself.

"omigod" izzy started, "i have so much to tell you."

lindsey set down her phone, her full attention on her best friend, "i'm ready."

"ok so do you remember when you found me at the bonefire like drunk and crying and jameson had to carry me to the car?" the blonde asked.

"vaguely" lindsey answered sarcastically.

"ok so basically that was because of matt," she explained.

"yeah you were drunk babbling something about that" lindsey told her, "did you guys fight or something?"

izzy made a face, "yeah and it's like kinda my fault."

"izzy!"

"i didn't do it on purpose!"

"what did you do?"

izzy sighed, "ok so there's was this guy there miles, and he was like pretty cute so we were taking a little. and even though i like matt, i'm kinda crazy so i was convinced he didn't like me back so i was hanging with this guy and he got super jealous. then when i realized i didn't like miles really, i went to go find matt but i was drunk so i think i made it worse."

lindsey nodded, intaking the story, "what did you say?"

"the problem is more about what i didn't say" izzy admitted slowly.

"huh?"

"ok so i asked why he was mad and he gave me this whole speech about like how he never talked to any other girls and how he thought we had something, which we did but i never acknowledged it because i'm fucking stupid. and i was like reallllyyyyy drunk so i kind of just stood there in shock and i think i started to cry," izzy continued with her story.

"yes you did start to cry i can confirm" lindsey butt-in, "like i love you, but you're an idiot for not saying anything."

"i was drunk!" izzy defended.