twenty-nine. the true you

Start from the beginning

"We can't go."

"Why, Rick? Why?"

Carol spoke up with a weary tone "Because my daughter is still out there."

Shane scoffed and rubbed his face, a sigh leaving his body as if he was about to regret what he about to say. "Okay, I think its time that we all start to just consider the other possibilities."

"Shane!" Athena scolded in a sharp tone, surprised by the words that had come from his mouth "What has gotten into you?"

"We're not leaving without Sophia." Rich stated.

"I'm close to finding this girl." Daryl exasperated "I just found her damn doll two days ago."

Shane chuckled "You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll."

The dixon brother's tone changed to one of anger "You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

The situation was starting to become heated, the air was tense and the walkers in the barn were putting everybody on edge "Man I'm just saying here what needs to be said. Now, you got a good lead, its in the first forty-eight hours." Shane's voice was loud as he started to shout. Rick tried to intervene but Athena knew he was already on a war path. He only wanted what was good for the group but his frustration was blinding him of sense as his voice became even louder. "Let me tell you something else man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming, all meth'd out with your buck knife, geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction."

The situation quickly escalated as Shane had pushed Daryl's buttons too far. Daryl began to charge at Shane, anger rising as Shane retaliated back. They both clamoured at each other before everyone jumped in the middle in attempt to split them up. Voices were overlapping as everyone jumped to break the pair apart. Athena warned Shane multiple times as she tried to reason with him - or at least calm him down, but he wasn't listening. She positioned herself in front of him and began pushing him back harshly, after all he was a lot larger in size compared to her. With the help of the other members of the group, Athena had managed to push Shane away from Daryl far enough. "Shane I said stop! Stop it now!"

Amongst his fit of anger, he caught the look on Athena's face - one of disappointment and anger. The man stared at her for a second and then scoffed before he began to walk away.

"Now, just let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out." Rick reasoned.

Shane's eyes changed, a flicker of rage burning his stomach again as he marched towards Rick "What are you going to figure out?!"

"I said enough!" Athena exclaimed, putting a hand on Shane's chest and pushing him back.

"If we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land."

"Hershel sees those things as people." Dale explained "Sick people. His wife, his stepson. I talked to Hershel."

"You knew?" Shane questioned "And you waited the night?"

"I thought we could survive one more night." Dale paused "We did. I was waiting until this morning to say something, but Glenn wanted to be the one."

"The man is crazy, Rick, if Hershel thinks those things are alive-" Shane's tone was aggressive as he shouted towards Rick. They both began to shout over one another until eventually the sound that was coming from the group started to stir the walkers.