Chapter 3

In the middle of a hot sunny day, stood one girl in front of her friend's door, tapping her foot on the ground as she crossed her arms, waiting for him to greet her.

"Took you long enough." She complained, as he opened the door. He couldn't believe what she had just greeted him with. It took him a few seconds before he could answer.

"...ya. It's only been like 10 seconds since I replied." She proceeded to let herself in.

"10 seconds is already long enough for a cute girl like me waiting out there where the air was hot. Do you want me to melt outside?"

"Then I guess I'll let you melt for longer the next time you-" His remarks earned him a glare, making him discouraged in continuing his sentence.

"Is Haerin home?" She asked.

"She's still asleep. Don't make too much noise or you'll wake her up."

"Shouldn't you wake her up though? It's almost noon."

"She stayed up last night due to her council work. I'll just let her be for today. Anyway, do you want to eat anything before we start?"

"I'm not that hungry yet. Why don't we start by finishing your packing up and decide what to eat later on?"

"I suppose that's a good idea. Fine, we can start with that." He walked up the stairs, as Chaewon followed him from behind.

They reached his room, where it was mostly empty as everything he planned on bringing had already been packed into one box. The other box on the other hand was still left open, as he was now left with a few clothes of his to be put inside before he could close it up.

"Actually I already tidied up most of the things last night, now all that's left are my clothes. We can just fold those up and I'll be good to go." She nodded, before walking over to where he was.

She folded a few clothes, before grabbing one that caught his attention. She held it up, and asked.

"...You're planning on bringing this to your place later?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"I mean, look at it." She couldn't help but had her mouth closed, in disbelief at the design it was showing.

"It's not like I'm gonna go to the university wearing this. I'll only be using this to sleep, that's all. Besides, if I'm ever gonna go out with this on, I'd make sure to wear my jacket."

"You better. I don't want to be seen with you in it." She folded it up in one swift move, placing it inside the box when she realized that there was a person staring at them from his door.

"Oh, Haerin-ah. You're awake." She rubbed her eyes, seemingly still sleepy as she yawned.

"I was awoken by the sound of rummaging from here."

"Sorry about that. Why don't we treat you out for lunch as an apology? Your brother here said that he'd treat me to lunch."

"That sounds good. I'm going to get ready then." She waved before disappearing from their sight.

"Never knew she was such a light sleeper." Chaewon said,

"She's not. I guess she was just on the verge of waking up when she heard us."

They continued to finish tidying the rest of his clothes, before taping the last box up and rested as they waited for Haerin to ready herself up. In the middle of their conversation, Chaewon hung her head low which made him concerned.

"Is there something in your mind? You seem troubled."

"I talked a bit with the seniors yesterday. Do you still remember Eunbi-unnie?"

"Of course. What about her?"

"I've heard stories from her, as well as the other seniors that graduated ahead of us. They said that as each year passed by, they slowly started to drift apart to a point where they're only able to meet each other once a month."

"Uh huh... okay. And?"

"I was wondering if... well... you know. What if we ended up like them?"

"As in... drifting apart?" She nodded weakly, looking down to the floor. She pouted, circling her finger around the carpet before glancing back at him.

He gave her a soft smile, patting her head whilst saying.

"I wouldn't let that happen to us. Trust me. I'll make it so that we won't ever have to turn the way our seniors did."

She then smiled, staring into his eyes. They slowly leaned towards each other, getting closer and closer until.

"Oppa, have you seen my- oh." The two were disrupted by Haerin's sudden intrusion, with her apologizing before leaving the scene in a hurry.

After realizing how close they were to each other's faces, they drew themselves back instantly resulting in Y/N bumping himself to his bed.

"I'm... gonna go downstairs." He said, before leaving Chaewon alone who was still stunned at what was about to occur had his sister not interrupted them.

...bummer.

She thought to herself.

Time skip

The three are now enjoying their lunch at a nearby restaurant, ordering food for each of their own and chatting before Haerin asks the question she had been dying to ask ever since they left the house.

"So did you two kiss? You did, didn't you?" Her eyes sparkled, hoping to get the truth out of one of them.

"I told you we didn't! Your brother said that there was something in my eye, that's all." She explained, even though that wasn't the case.

"Right. I'm sure you kissed once I left the room. Say what you want, but I'm a hundred percent sure that you two did it."

"Whatever, Haerin-ah. I hope your food comes out early so you won't have to interrogate us anymore."

"This reminds me." Chaewon interrupted, "What'll you do, Haerin-ah? Your oppa is going to move away from the house. Will you be fine by yourself?"

"I can live by myself just fine, unnie. Don't worry about me."

"You're just saying that because mom and dad are gonna come back home once I leave."

"Shut up. They are, but that doesn't mean I won't be doing well when they're not home. Anyway, Unnie. Are you and oppa going to be staying at the same place?"

"No we won't. He lives down the road where I'm going to live though, so we aren't going to be that far from each other."

"Any reason why you're not staying with each other?"

Both him and Chaewon looked at each other, unsure of whether Haerin's asking them a serious question, or whether she's messing with them. He coughed, before giving her an answer.

"Wouldn't want other people to have the wrong idea now, do we?"

"But you two are dating, aren't you? I mean, you both kissed earlier."

"I told you-"

Just then, the waiter came with their order as she placed each of their dishes in front of them. Without waiting any longer, they began eating the food silently, enjoying each and every bite.

Out of nowhere, Chaewon asked him a question.

"Do you think we'll be a part of some club at our university?"  He took a bite out of his lunch, looked at her who was staring back at him, waiting for an answer. He gulped, before finally giving her a reply.

"We'll decide once the time comes. I'm just wondering the kind of people we'll meet there."

"If you two were to join a club, then Chaewon-unnie might have to stay alert with the potential rivals coming to snatch him up." She teased, chuckling as she took a sip out of her drink.

"We'll see."