24. The gala and the first kiss

"We need fantasy to survive reality"

---

Ellie, Five, Hope, Aaron, Peter, Diego and Lila was bending down with their backs up against a small brick wall.

Diego was in a black suit with a brown and black tie and Five was still in his umbrella uniform. Lila was in a light blue dress while both Peter and Aaron was in a black suit.

Diego glanced over the wall quickly, seeing that no one was looking their direction.

He then put his hands on the wall and climbed over it before he crouched down next to a parked car.

Lila and Peter climbed over the wall quickly before doing the same

Five and Ellie looked at their kids "Remember be careful" Five said and Hope nodded "Aaron you stay close to me, alright" Ellie said and Aaron nodded "I will" he said "Good" Five said before the four jumped over.

The seven was all hiding behind the parked car, bending down as they looked at the building where the gala was being held.

"So, what's the plan?" Lila asked "We infiltrate, we identify, we extract. Double time" Diego said, looking at them before he looked back at the building.

Lila turned to Five "What the hell is he talking about?" she asked "Find the old man and get out fast" Five answered and Diego turned to look at Five "That's what I said" he said before he turned back "On me" he said before running towards another car, while he kept crouching down and Ellie and the kids followed after him.

Lila and Peter looked back at Five "After you" she said but he just clenched his jaw and narrowed his eyes at them.

"What, I can't be polite?" she asked "Cut the crap. All right? My dimwitted brother, my loving wife and beautiful daughter might buy you guys' bullshit, but I don't trust you two for a second and if you touch one hair on my wife's or kids' head, I will kill you" Five said "O ye of little faith" Lila said "Stick it up your ass" Five said, looking at them.

Peter rolled his eyes "Sometimes I wonder how in hell you were able to create something as beautiful as Hope and as kind as Aaron" he said "Yeah 99% got to be from the mom" Lila said before Peter walked after the others while Lila just smiled before she walked after Diego, Ellie and the kids with Five right behind her.

---

Slow mariachi music was playing as Diego, Ellie and the kids enter the building with Five, Peter and Lila behind them as overlapping chatter was heard.

Five quickly grabbed a glass of champagne from a waiter and took a sip as he looked around.

Aaron grabbed a glass of champagne from a waiter and took a sip but he quickly spit it out again causing the others to look at him "Alright not juice" he said "Aaron, Jesus" Ellie said as Five took the glass from Aaron "You are way too young to drink something like that" he said "What is it and why did it taste so disgusting?" Aaron asked as he made a face in disgust "Is alcohol, maybe when you are older, it will taste better" Five said.