20. A family reunion

"Take every chances in life because some things only happen once"

---

"Five" Diego said as he walked into a visit room in the psych ward to see Five sitting by a table "Hey, Diego" Five said and Diego sat down across from him.

"You look good in white" Five said, looking at his white clothes "About time you showed up" Diego said "How'd you know I'd be back?" Five asked "Because that's the kind of shit you pull" Diego said angrily as he leaned forward.

"Where are the others?" Five asked "They're not with you? Not even your kids?" Diego asked "I will find them when I'm done here" Five muttered quietly.

"How long have you been here?" he asked "Seventy-five days" Diego answered and Five grunted softly "Landed in the alley behind..."

"Commerce and Knox" Diego and Five said at the same time and Diego looked at him "You?" he asked "I got here this morning" Five answered "How'd you find me?" Diego asked and Five let out a gentle scoff before he pulled up the article "Page 16" he said before he unfolded the article while Diego leaned back in his chair and rolled his eyes.

Five put the article on the table before he began reading from it "'Disturbed man with multiple knives arrested outside 1026 N. Beckley'" he read before he slide the article towards Diego. "That's Lee Harvey Oswald's house. Care to explain?" Five asked as he leaned forward. 

"Let's just say. Dallas Law Enforcement has not been supportive of my attempt to stop the assassination of..." Diego started before he looked back up at Five "John F. Kennedy" he said quietly.

"Because it hasn't happened yet" Five said and Diego leaned forward "And it's not going to happen. Not on my watch. Look, I've been shaving down the bars in my room. Another day or two, and I'll be out of this place, then I'm gonna stop Oswald and save the president. You want in, say the word" Diego said.

"Listen to me very closely, you gibbering moron. You are not going to do a goddam thing" Five said softly "Why not?" Diego asked "Because we have to stop the apocalypse" Five said "No shit. But that doesn't happen for another 60 years" Diego said "Not that apocalypse. This is a new one. It followed us. I've seen it. Nuclear war, Diego, in ten days" Five said and Diego let out a quietly and softly laugh before he leaned back in his chair, crossing his arm in front of his chest.

"And I'm the one they locked up, huh?" he said with a smile and Five rolled his eyes with a scoffs as he looked at the window to his right "Fine, I'll play along" Diego said as Five leaned back in his chair before looking at him.

"What cause it?" Diego asked "I don't know. Maybe some looney-tuned asshole with a hero complex tried to save the president and screwed everything up" Five said and Diego leaned forward again "So you're saying it worked?" he asked and Five let out a softly scoffs "I saved the president?" Diego asked and growled softly "I knew I could do it. Okay, okay, I'll help you" he said "Thank God" Five said "After I save Kennedy. And then you swing us back a few decades so I can slit Hitler's throat off with a butter knife" Diego said "This is why you don't have any friends" Five said as they stared at each other.